April 2015 conference crashing

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

manon

April 2015 conference crashing

Post by manon »

I use a Microsoft Surface Pro3. Since April 2015 General Conference, Gospel Library crashes whenever I try to open April General Conference using the,General Conference category in the app. I have actually unloaded and redownloaded the app to try to fix the issue. I am still unable to access just that particular session. I am accessing the talks via the Ensign but find it frustrating to be unable to use part of the app.
ToManyLetters

Re: April 2015 conference crashing

Post by ToManyLetters »

I'm not able to reproduce this crash on any of my devices. Do you have any additional information I can use to try to track this issue down?
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

ToManyLetters wrote:I'm not able to reproduce this crash on any of my devices.
I'm also unable to reproduce on my Windows 8.1 laptop. Perhaps the OP has a corrupted database? In that case, wouldn't an uninstall and reinstall fix the problem?
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

manon wrote: I have actually unloaded and redownloaded the app to try to fix the issue. I am still unable to access just that particular session.
Manon says they've already done the whole reinstallation bit. If a corrupt database were to blame, though, it would almost certainly have fixed it.

Unfortunately, we don't really have enough information to look into this issue. Several of our devs use Surface Pro 3s in writing the app and don't experience this issue. I can't say that I've seen it on my own devices, either.

At this point, all I can do is take shots in the dark.

Does the app behave differently when you
(a) open the April 2015 General Conference section from the library pane (on the navigation bar) compared to when you
(b) open the April 2015 General Conference section from the library section of the home page?

Do both versions of attempting to open the content cause the app to crash? If you are not signed in (to your LDS Account) when attempting to access the section, does the application still crash?

If you are using the Beta version on the Windows Store, does this issue occur with the non-beta version? If using the non-beta, does the issue occur when using the beta?
gowapiti

Post by gowapiti »

similar is same with the October 2015 session, only it won't download .

See screen shot
Attachments
October 2015 Gen Conf.JPG
(28.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

gowapiti wrote:similar is same with the October 2015 session, only it won't download .

I'm not able to reproduce this issue. Is the app fully up to date? Also, have you made sure that you've installed all updates to Windows, including the most recent November update (for Windows 10)?

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”