Sub-dividing ward members into zones

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
BarryHill

Sub-dividing ward members into zones

Post by BarryHill »

I want to set up my ward directory by the 2 Full-time missionary areas. Can I designate a zone or geo division in the LDS.org directory the way you could at one time in MLS? If so where is that field or function. Will it then allow me to sort the directory on that field?

Thanks so much.

Barry Hill
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Sub-dividing ward members into zones

Post by russellhltn »

barryhill wrote:Can I designate a zone or geo division in the LDS.org directory
No.
barryhill wrote:the way you could at one time in MLS?
I think you still can. I haven't heard that Geo Codes were turned off.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BarryHill

Post by BarryHill »

Thanks Russell, I think I might have missed the obvious. I was assuming that since so much functionality has gone to LDS.org that there are no membership features exclusively on MLS anymore. In fact I was not sure we were even still able to use MLS to update household info.

Barry Hill
mevans

Post by mevans »

barryhill wrote:Thanks Russell, I think I might have missed the obvious. I was assuming that since so much functionality has gone to LDS.org that there are no membership features exclusively on MLS anymore. In fact I was not sure we were even still able to use MLS to update household info.
MLS will still be here for a while. Some of us are hoping that Geo Codes will make it into LCR. It has more uses than boundary realignment (which I hear will be done graphically with a map in LCR whenever it becomes available).

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”