HTing: How are the unassigned families divided?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dustinm

HTing: How are the unassigned families divided?

Post by dustinm »

I am very grateful to have HT available from LCR! Since I am a 30 minute drive from the meetinghouse and MLS, it makes my calling so much easier.

I am having one issue. How are the unassigned families divided? I am in the HPG and when I click on the list of families without home teachers, I am seeing a subsetted list, but I can't tell how this list is set. I know some of these families should be assigned by the EQ and there could be additional families that I am not seeing that I should be assigning. It doesn't seem to matter which organization they belong to because several of them show as being associated with EQ but they still show in my unassigned list. Same thing for Unassigned Potential Home teachers. Does anyone know how these lists are controlled?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: HTing: How are the unassigned families divided?

Post by scgallafent »

These lists are determined by the default quorum assignments. If the head of a household is an elder, the household will show up on the unassigned list for the elders quorum. If the head of household is not an elder (high priest, prospective elder, sister), the household shows up on the unassigned list for the high priests group.

This DOES NOT reflect quorum assignments. For example, an elder who has been assigned to attend the high priests group would be listed on the elders quorum list of families not assigned if not home teachers were assigned.

There has been quite a bit of discussion on this thread regarding this. There is also quite a bit of internal discussion happening on how this may be modified in the future.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”