Out of Unit Leadership callings

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Android29

Out of Unit Leadership callings

Post by Android29 »

I was unable to find this but it must be a common issue.
I am a Stake Clerk using Stake MLS and/or the on-line tool

Our Stake contains a Branch (retirement home.)
The Branch Presidency was recently released and a new Branch Presidency has been called from members of our Stake.

How do I, as a Stake Clerk, update these Branch Presidency callings ? I have not been able to figure this out in MLS or on-line. What's the procedure ?
Can I do this as a Stake Clerk or should the Ward Clerk do this ?
Should the member records be moved to the Branch and then assigned their callings ? Or can I just assign them their calling at the Stake level ?

Any ideas ? I would think this is fairly common.

Thanks for your help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Out of Unit Leadership callings

Post by russellhltn »

Normally the Branch President would be changed using the Leader and Unit Change Request form. You might see if that's on LCR now. Otherwise, it would be in the stake MLS.

You might want to look at the LCR won't let me add out-of-unit member to calling thread. That may give you some ideas to try.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Organizations > Ward Leadership
Branch (Care Center) > View Organization
Branch Presidency > View Organization

You can edit the branch president from there. He will need to edit the other assignments. I'll need to check in the morning if you still need to process a Leader and Unit Change Request Form.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

scgallafent wrote:You can edit the branch president from there. He will need to edit the other assignments. I'll need to check in the morning if you still need to process a Leader and Unit Change Request Form.
No you don't. The positions that require it just ask for extra data as you enter them.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:
scgallafent wrote:You can edit the branch president from there. He will need to edit the other assignments. I'll need to check in the morning if you still need to process a Leader and Unit Change Request Form.
No you don't. The positions that require it just ask for extra data as you enter them.
So, at a local unit (stake/ward) level, the LUCR is no longer needed for any changes? Boy, the Wiki is going to need some editing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Android29

Post by Android29 »

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try tonight and let you know.
Android29

Post by Android29 »

scgallafent wrote:Organizations > Ward Leadership
Branch (Care Center) > View Organization
Branch Presidency > View Organization

You can edit the branch president from there. He will need to edit the other assignments. I'll need to check in the morning if you still need to process a Leader and Unit Change Request Form.
Thanks, that takes me to where I can Edit the Branch President. I click the red Release button > and enter the new Branch President's record number / or his name - either one says: "Your search by name or MRN did not return any valid results, either because the information you entered is incorrect, or because the results are not allowed in this context. For someone serving from outside the ward or branch, please have a clerk add him or her as an out-of-unit member."

Question: How do I, as a Stake Clerk, "add him as an out-of-unit-member" ? Or is this something the Branch Clerk needs to do ?
For example: Member to be Branch President, resides in Our stake in Ward #1. Somehow we need to add him as an out-of-unit Member of the 23rd Branch ? Correct ? That is what I need steps to do.

Thanks again for all your help.
Bro. Peck
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Android29 wrote:and enter the new Branch President's record number / or his name - either one says: "Your search by name or MRN did not return any valid results, either because the information you entered is incorrect, or because the results are not allowed in this context.
Note that you will get that message if the member is found, but does not hold the proper priesthood. I know the Bishop of a Ward has to be a high priest, but I'm not sure what's required for a branch president in a stake.

If he was ordained to the office of high priest, then I'd make sure that's recorded on his record before trying again.

Android29

Post by Android29 »

thanks. Yes, he's showing as a High Priest since 2002.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

On a different thread, it's indicated that when putting a MRN into a calling, you need the proper number of leading zero for it to work.

Return to “Membership Help”