VISITING TEACHING AND COMPASSIONATE SERVICE LEADER

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
willisa

VISITING TEACHING AND COMPASSIONATE SERVICE LEADER

Post by willisa »

I would like for my compassionate service leader to have access to the visiting teaching list on the new LCR. I have been keeping a separate document so that she would have access. How can I make the VT list available to her?

I LOVE, by the way, the new VT reporting capabilities!!!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: VISITING TEACHING AND COMPASSIONATE SERVICE LEADER

Post by sbradshaw »

There's no way to assign permissions in Leader and Clerk Resources other than assigning a person to a standard calling that provides access. If the visiting teaching assignments don't change very often, you could provide a paper or PDF list.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:There's no way to assign permissions in Leader and Clerk Resources other than assigning a person to a standard calling that provides access.
According to the access table, that's "Relief Society president, including her counselors and secretary"
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Try calling her as a VT district leader and don't put anyone in her district. I think that will give her access to the app and the information.
willisa

Post by willisa »

I tried assigning her as a VT district leader without anyone, but district leaders can only see their districts.

Sbradshaw, I know the access table says the access table includes the RS Pres, counselors, and secretary, but I would assume that my visiting teaching coordinator will also be able see . . .

I would really like to also have an assistant VT coordinator who can see it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

willisa wrote:I would really like to also have an assistant VT coordinator who can see it.
Unless that calling can be found or referenced in the Handbook, that's not likely to happen.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nikk3hi3tala

Post by nikk3hi3tala »

willisa wrote: Sbradshaw, I know the access table says the access table includes the RS Pres, counselors, and secretary, but I would assume that my visiting teaching coordinator will also be able see . . .
Even though the access table doesn't say it, VT coordinator has indeed the access.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nikk3hi3tala wrote:Even though the access table doesn't say it, VT coordinator has indeed the access.
I believe that any standard position (calling) that has "Visiting Teaching" in the name has some level of access. But custom positions will have no access regardless of what they are called.

If a calling is not referenced in the Handbook, then it's unlikely to get that calling added to the list of standard positions.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just another add-on. Handbook 2: 9.5.4 says "The Relief Society presidency or those who are called to assist them receive monthly reports from visiting teachers." That would appear to give the RS president quite a bit of flexibility in VT callings. That's at odds with the underlying structure of LCR where only standard callings has rights (and the list of standard callings is largely limited to what's in the Handbook). But I thought I'd throw that out there.

(But if I was to bet money, it would be that the Handbook would be updated. That wording is really broad.)

nikk3hi3tala

Post by nikk3hi3tala »

russellhltn wrote:Just another add-on. Handbook 2: 9.5.4 says "The Relief Society presidency or those who are called to assist them receive monthly reports from visiting teachers." That would appear to give the RS president quite a bit of flexibility in VT callings.
I've always understood that as a reference to VT coordinator and VT district supervisors, which are standard callings

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”