Appreciation for the new Webcast Solution

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
allencp

Appreciation for the new Webcast Solution

Post by allencp »

I don't know any better forum than this to express my appreciation for the new webcasting solution. We completed our stake conference today by streaming the session to two other buildings and 14 home-bound members. It worked as flawlessly with the quality being far better than the previous solution. Job well done on providing an improved product.
drepouille

Re: Appreciation for the new Webcast Solution

Post by drepouille »

I know it is easy for your chosen assistants at the remote locations to get the link. How did you disseminate the link for the stream to the 14 home-bound members?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
allencp

Post by allencp »

drepouille wrote:How did you disseminate the link for the stream to the 14 home-bound members?
Through the bishops, we sent the portal URL and event code. So that we could plan server resources appropriately, we asked that the bishops tell us who received the URL. However, as one might imagine, the bishops did not inform us. I had planned for 25 remote locations and 16 were used. I think I will try something different next time where a bishop/member would need to come to us (stake) for the URL and event code.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I am not surprised that the bishops never told you how many were needed. They simply don't understand the choices you had to make when creating and configuring your webcast. I think 25 may not be enough for some, but asking for 50 gets you a nasty message from the portal.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

allencp wrote:Through the bishops, we sent the portal URL and event code. So that we could plan server resources appropriately, we asked that the bishops tell us who received the URL. However, as one might imagine, the bishops did not inform us.
Note that according to usage guidelines in the Webcast Policies and Guidelines, "Webcasting to locations other than Church buildings should only be done under the direction of the event's presiding authority."

If they can't give you a count, then I have to wonder if they were really approved.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”