Need to create account for new Counselor

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rashirtz

Need to create account for new Counselor

Post by rashirtz »

We have a new Counselor to the Branch presidency. He needs a log on account so he can cut checks, do tithing, etc.

Does the District Clerk have the admin rights to give him an account on our computer, or can I do it? If the latter, how?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Need to create account for new Counselor

Post by jonesrk »

First you need to record the calling. Likely that will be in LCR. If you record it in LCR you will then need to do a send/receive in MLS so that MLS has the calling.
Then one of your admins (the clerk and branch president should be admins) need to create the account for him and give him finance rights.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:Then one of your admins (the clerk and branch president should be admins)
Just to be clear, he's talking about someone who's MLS login has admin rights in MLS. The District Clerk may have those rights as well.

As part of creating the login, it needs to be linked to the membership record in MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:
jonesrk wrote:Then one of your admins (the clerk and branch president should be admins)
Just to be clear, he's talking about someone who's MLS login has admin rights in MLS. The District Clerk may have those rights as well.
True, any MLS Admin can add him there. But he also has to be in the standard calling or he will not be able to process the batch. That means LCR plus an MLS send/receive, unless they have not yet converted to LCR 3.0 (in which case that can be done in the Calling portion of MLS).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:unless they have not yet converted to LCR 3.0 (in which case that can be done in the Calling portion of MLS).
Although at this point odds are they have converted to LCR 3.0 and MLS just hasn't gotten the word yet. I'm not sure what happens in that case - the calling may update anyway, or it may just disappear. (Do we know how to complicate a simple thing or what? ;) )
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Although at this point odds are they have converted to LCR 3.0 and MLS just hasn't gotten the word yet. I'm not sure what happens in that case - the calling may update anyway, or it may just disappear. (Do we know how to complicate a simple thing or what? ;) )
After the calling is updated at LCR, one Send/Receive with MLS will fix them right up and everything should work.
billflanders

Post by billflanders »

How do I find the Calling section or whatever it may be called, on MLS. I have looked on every tab and I can't find anything?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

billflanders wrote:How do I find the Calling section or whatever it may be called, on MLS. I have looked on every tab and I can't find anything?
It is under organizations. If you are wanting to edit callings you will have to do in in Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) on lds.org.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

If you're creating an MLS account, you need to choose System Options > Users. You can create the MLS user account there. For the user to have finance authorization rights, you also need to record the calling in LCR and then transmit using MLS so that the calling information is transferred to MLS.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:For the user to have finance authorization rights, you also need to record the calling in LCR and then transmit using MLS so that the calling information is transferred to MLS.
How would that work if the new counselor is a out of unit leader? Would the record also be transferred so the MLS account can be associated with the calling? Or would he have to create a out of unit record in MLS as well?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”