Adding YM as an EQ HT Companion

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
EthanBratt

Adding YM as an EQ HT Companion

Post by EthanBratt »

I'm currently serving as the EQP. Our HT just moved over to being managed through through LCR. I've run into a problem though. A member of my quorum has a son who recently turned 14 but LCR won't allow me to assign him as his father's companion. His son's name simply does not come up when I go to add a companion. Is anyone else having this problem?
Ethan
STS
Colorado
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Adding YM as an EQ HT Companion

Post by jdlessley »

EthanBratt wrote:A member of my quorum has a son who recently turned 14 but LCR won't allow me to assign him as his father's companion.
Has the young man been ordained to the office of Teacher? And has the ordination been recorded and sent to headquarters? What does his membership record show his Aaronic Priesthood office to be? If the ordination has been properly recorded, sent to headquarters, and displayed in his membership record then his name should be on the list of members from which to select as a HT companion. It may take a day or two from the time the ordination is sent to headquarters for the system to be updated.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jdlessley wrote: It may take a day or two from the time the ordination is sent to headquarters for the system to be updated.
Once you do the send/receive from MLS it shows up quite quickly in LCR. LCR reads it real time from CMIS. I have recorded priesthood ordinances recently and after the send/receive by the time I can get signed in to LCR and to the members page the ordination is there. I have been doing on Sunday evenings, so during the middle of the day might be a few minutes slower.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

EthanBratt wrote:A member of my quorum has a son who recently turned 14 but LCR won't allow me to assign him as his father's companion.
Is it the same problem others are having assigning between the HP and EQ? Have you tried the companionship tab and NOT the households tab? See this thread: It suggests that you can assign ANYONE who is eligible (Handbook 2 7.4.2 says this includes teachers). I don't have the access to try it on my 14 year old or I would for you!

Try this to add anyone who is ELIGIBLE: High priest and Elder assignments
mstauff wrote:You should be able to assign anyone to teach or be taught in either quorum regardless of class assignments. On the companionships tab when you edit a companionship you should be able to add anyone who is eligible to teach or be taught. You can either type their name and select them from the autocomplete, or click on the dropdown arrow and then use the filters to select a specific quorum (or view all) and assigned or unassigned.
1historian wrote:Ok that is what we were doing wrong then. I was clicking the edit button on the line with their name from the household tab, which was only pulling up HP companionships. When I went to the companionship tab I was able to add them to an existing companionship in the Elders Quorum.
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

EthanBratt wrote:I'm currently serving as the EQP. Our HT just moved over to being managed through through LCR. I've run into a problem though. A member of my quorum has a son who recently turned 14 but LCR won't allow me to assign him as his father's companion. His son's name simply does not come up when I go to add a companion. Is anyone else having this problem?
I suspect the ordination has not been recorded. I see a young man in your ward who turned 14 on May 19. His record still shows his priesthood office as deacon. Your ward clerk needs to record the ordination in MLS and transmit the change. The change should be available in LCR in about 15 minutes.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”