Mailing Labels

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
llcampbell

Mailing Labels

Post by llcampbell »

The US Postal Service has a publication on standards for printing addresses on envelopes so they can be read more accurately by high speed address reading equipment. Those standards include using all capital letters in a sans serif font, like Arial where each letter is the same thickness, as opposed to a serif font like popular Times New Roman where each letter has thin sections and thicker sections to save cost printer ink in newspapers and magazines. In addition, the standards ask that no periods, commas, or symbols be used to keep the addresses easier to read without errors. Thus, our standards for addresses and mailing labels should comply, the same as you now do an excellent job of adding carrier route ZIP plus 4 numbers to addresses to help the USPS. Arial font, all Capital letters, and Apt 203, not #203 or Apt. 203. No comma after the city, etc.
mevans

Re: Mailing Labels

Post by mevans »

It's been a long time since I did mailings. I think if you get Zip+4 and Carrier Route that you could also get lower postage rates, but I don't know if you also need a high volume to qualify for the lower rates. You've already noted that we're prompted for Zip + 4. I wouldn't want to see everyone's address capitalized, but maybe that should be an option on a mailing label report. I don't see such a report in LCR yet. I know you can do it from MLS, but I haven't looked at that application in a while.

You're posting in a community forum. For your idea to be considered, you should submit it to the LCR team. Use the blue box on the lower-right of the page to send your feedback.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Mailing Labels

Post by lajackson »

mevans wrote:I don't know if you also need a high volume to qualify for the lower rates.
You do.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”