District Supervisors for Visiting Teaching

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
westkimberly

District Supervisors for Visiting Teaching

Post by westkimberly »

The new program does not save the district supervisors so that when you go to print they do not appear on the pdf printable version, is there a solution?
mevans

Re: District Supervisors for Visiting Teaching

Post by mevans »

Which report are you printing? I tried generating all reports, and the only one that did not include the district supervisor's name was the Companionship Report.
sistertollett

Post by sistertollett »

The Companionship Report is the report where the district supervisors information is most important to display!
When we build VT companionships and get ready to print them off to give to the sisters, the printout does not display the VT supervisor that the companionship should be reporting to. This information was included on the Companionship Report when accessed through MLS. This data is important especially in large units. The data included on the printout helps ensure the sisters know who to report their VT to!
We need a fix to address this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

While the developers may see it here, it's best to give that feedback via the feedback link in LCR itself. That routes it to the developers and it's entered in a tracking database.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

sistertollett wrote:the printout does not display the VT supervisor that the companionship should be reporting to. This information was included on the Companionship Report when accessed through MLS. This data is important especially in large units.
Yes, this is EXACTLY the problem I think the OP is discussing, and my wife now must write out this information on the slips when she prints them...
mevans

Post by mevans »

While it seems that the Companionship Report should include the district supervisor's name (there's certainly enough room), your workaround for the time being is to use the Assignments Report. It includes the district supervisor's name. Actually, I prefer this report, as it provides more details about the families I'm home teaching. Yes, it takes more paper to print, but you can better minister with the additional information.

I really wish LCR had a convenient way to email assignments to each home teacher with the detail of the Assignments Report. I just submitted some feedback to the dev team that this would be helpful.
combinola

Post by combinola »

Joining the conversation late.

I can make my report show the district supervisor by going to the "edit districts" link on the upper right and then assigning the supervisor to each district.

My problem is that the assignments disappear each time I log out. The assignments won't hold from week to week. I will give feed back at the bottom of the page but it would be very helpful to have this fixed. My temporary solution has been to "Name" each district by the name of the supervisor. It doesn't give the information the sisters need to report their visiting teaching but it does help me remember which district belongs to which supervisor.
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

combinola wrote:Joining the conversation late.

I can make my report show the district supervisor by going to the "edit districts" link on the upper right and then assigning the supervisor to each district.

My problem is that the assignments disappear each time I log out. The assignments won't hold from week to week. I will give feed back at the bottom of the page but it would be very helpful to have this fixed. My temporary solution has been to "Name" each district by the name of the supervisor. It doesn't give the information the sisters need to report their visiting teaching but it does help me remember which district belongs to which supervisor.
There is a bug that we're looking into, but it's not with saving the supervisors it's just with displaying them. In troubleshooting I've found that if after you load the HTVT page initially, then from the overview tab you reload the page, and then switch to the companionships tab you should see your district supervisors. It's not ideal, but hopefully it will work as a workaround until we get the bug fixed.
McLaughlinES

Post by McLaughlinES »

When in the Companionship tab the print pull down has 4 options. The assignment option prints the supervisor name on each assignment. This would be the report that is cut up and given to the respective companionship. the companionship report is alphabetical and only lists the district number. I can see where it might be helpful if it would add the supervisors name.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”