High Council, etc ability to see Minor information

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
arbonboy

High Council, etc ability to see Minor information

Post by arbonboy »

Currently, a member is only able to see children in a family for their own ward. Leadership positions such as Stake Preisdency and Clerks can see this for the entire stake. I was wondering if we could enlarge this to stake callings with the calling involves youth across the stake. I don't know if Stake Young Men, Stake Young Women leaders can see youth information across the stake, but as a High Councilor I know I am not able to do so. This makes it difficult when a High Councilman is assigned to a ward, but they don't have access to that ward's full directory like they do their home ward.

Any potential consideration for this?
eblood66

Re: High Council, etc ability to see Minor information

Post by eblood66 »

arbonboy wrote:Currently, a member is only able to see children in a family for their own ward. Leadership positions such as Stake Preisdency and Clerks can see this for the entire stake. I was wondering if we could enlarge this to stake callings with the calling involves youth across the stake. I don't know if Stake Young Men, Stake Young Women leaders can see youth information across the stake, but as a High Councilor I know I am not able to do so. This makes it difficult when a High Councilman is assigned to a ward, but they don't have access to that ward's full directory like they do their home ward.

Any potential consideration for this?
If you want your suggestion to be considered by the correct people you'll need to submit it using the Feedback link on any lds.org page. These forums are just user-to-user help and the decision makers for these things generally don't read the forums.

However, although it is specifically about Leader and Clerk Resources, this help page (first item) does have a statement that likely represents the position of those decision makers that may have relevance to this question as well. Also, since it involves information about minors there may be privacy laws in some counries that could prevent access to others who do not have a stewardship over records (like the stake presidency and clerks do).

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”