finding common topics on lds.org

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
judy.edwards

finding common topics on lds.org

Post by judy.edwards »

The website is getting so all-inclusive that it is getting difficult to find often used items.
Yesterday in Relief Society I tried to find the Young Women's theme for a new convert. By the time I discovered it in the Personal Progress booklet, we had finished reciting the theme and the young women had left for their classes.
As a Sunday School teacher, finding my manual is like panning for gold. I can find it if I have enough time to go through five layers to get there. I used to be able to go right to manuals from the drop down menu on the home page.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: finding common topics on lds.org

Post by aebrown »

judy.edwards wrote:The website is getting so all-inclusive that it is getting difficult to find often used items.
Yesterday in Relief Society I tried to find the Young Women's theme for a new convert. By the time I discovered it in the Personal Progress booklet, we had finished reciting the theme and the young women had left for their classes.
Don't neglect to use the search feature. I did a search for "Young Women theme" and it was the first hit. It took less than 10 seconds.
mevans

Post by mevans »

judy.edwards wrote:The website is getting so all-inclusive that it is getting difficult to find often used items.
As a Sunday School teacher, finding my manual is like panning for gold. I can find it if I have enough time to go through five layers to get there. I used to be able to go right to manuals from the drop down menu on the home page.
If your ward is using the Lesson Schedules tool, then finding your manual is very easy. In fact, it can open it up directly to the selected lesson for a given week.

However, I was looking for a manual last Sunday at church that wasn't a manual for a current class and I agree it was difficult. I was trying to get to this page: https://www.lds.org/manual. I believe the old lds.org navigation had a direct link to that page. I finally found what I was looking for using Search, as was pointed out by aebrown. Still, your post was a good reminder that I didn't find this easy and I submitted Feedback to the church about it, so thanks for the reminder.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Part of the recent changes to LDS.org were intended to help with this problem, but it is still difficult to find some things.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”