Photos to approve on stake level

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Photos to approve on stake level

Post by sbradshaw »

We got the following message in our stake MLS today:
Dear Clerk,

Your unit has member photos that have been submitted by members of your unit that need to be approved before they will be visible to other ward members. To approve these photos, please navigate to: https://www.lds.org/directory in a web browser and sign in using your LDS Account credentials then click on New Photos on the menu. To view guidelines for uploading and approving photos, please navigate to: https://www.lds.org/help/support/photo- ... guidelines in the Help Center on LDS.org.

Thank you for your prompt attention.
It's nice that they send this kind of notice out, but on the stake level we don't have any photo approval section on the directory – that would all be on the ward level. Has anyone else gotten this message today? Any idea what could cause it? Is there a photo pending somewhere for one of our out-of-unit stake leaders that aren't assigned to a ward, somehow?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Photos to approve on stake level

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:We got the following message in our stake MLS today:
We figure we got the message because a few of our wards also got it.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I wonder how long pictures need to be in the queue unapproved before the message is sent? I wonder how many unapproved photos are out there in the church? Many members don't even know they can upload photos, and I wonder how many clerks don't know there are photos awaiting approval or that they need to be approved. I think this is a good move, although an email to all ward clerks might be better, rather than sending the message through MLS.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

This message was not just sent to stake MLS. We got the same message in our student branch. The interesting thing is I keep up on approving photos and we did not have any that needed approval. In fact we had not had a new photo in over two weeks.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Same message on our Ward MLS, but no photos to approve. Obviously a general message for all, probably as a reminder that the facility is available.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Just got the message again today in the stake MLS.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

sbradshaw wrote:Just got the message again today in the stake MLS.
Same message again also on our Ward MLS.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I kinda wonder if the message sent to the stake is supposed to be a copy of what's sent to the ward - but without the unit name in the message, it's unclear that it's a copy.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”