Out of Unit Member Record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
GrangerJE

Out of Unit Member Record

Post by GrangerJE »

A Senior Missionary Couple has just arrived in our branch. They did not bring an IOS with them. I have tried several times to create an Out-of-Unit member record for them. MLS always insists on having more information than they have...before it will create a record. What is the solution? Why can't it be created with just their Name, Birth-Date, Birth-Place, and MRN???
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Out of Unit Member Record

Post by russellhltn »

What other information is it asking for? I'd imagine that it would want to know the priesthood office held by the brother.

The mission office might be able to help you with the information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

GrangerJE wrote:A Senior Missionary Couple has just arrived in our branch. They did not bring an IOS with them. I have tried several times to create an Out-of-Unit member record for them. MLS always insists on having more information than they have...before it will create a record. What is the solution? Why can't it be created with just their Name, Birth-Date, Birth-Place, and MRN???
What other information is it requiring? In the test install I was able to create an out-of-unit record with just that information (actually only the birth year was required). It allows you to enter a lot more information but you can leave it all blank.

But as russellhltn said, you may need the priesthood ordination information in order to place the brother in certain callings.

But note also that very soon (probably no more than a few weeks--possibly much sooner) you will need to use LCR on lds.org in order to handle callings and out-of-unit members. I haven't seen how it handles out-of-unit records but I expect you'll only need the name and MRN.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm thinking it may need marriage info to record them as a couple.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:I'm thinking it may need marriage info to record them as a couple.
In the test install it does require the spouse's name if you mark them as married. But it didn't need any other information regarding the spouse or marriage. The spouse's name should be readily available for a senior missionary couple :).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:In the test install ...
An automatic qualifier. ;)

It would sure be nice to hear back from the OP on what else seems to be needed.

sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

As eblood66 mentioned, your stake will probably switch to Leader and Clerk Resources 3.0 in one or two weeks. I would wait until then if possible – all you'll need is their membership record number and their name. Out-of-unit members are way simpler in Leader and Clerk Resources than in MLS!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
nathangorrell

Post by nathangorrell »

So we have LCR 3.0 for managing Out-of-Unit Members, their callings and home unit HT/VT; but want to be able to assign Out-of-Unit Members as HT/VT in the ward they are serving in; not just their home unit.

I.E.: A member of our ward serves as the 2nd Counselor in the YSA Branch of our stake. Their unit wants to be able to assign he and his wife as HT/VT (and more importantly record their visits). Currently; it seems HT/VT can only be assigned and recorded in the home unit.

It doesn't appear possible...

Am I missing something?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nathangorrell wrote:It doesn't appear possible...
Currently not allowed per the business rules handed down by the Brethren.

jsjarvis1

Post by jsjarvis1 »

russellhltn wrote:
nathangorrell wrote:It doesn't appear possible...
Currently not allowed per the business rules handed down by the Brethren.
Would this also include assigned missionaries (Junior and Senior) from not being able to see Directory (not LCRS) photos? Assigned Missionaries, with or without out-of-unit records, can't see pictures that have been uploaded and approved in the Directory.

Return to “Membership Help”