Visiting Teaching Results Entered in MLS Not Showing in LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mwainwright

Visiting Teaching Results Entered in MLS Not Showing in LCR

Post by mwainwright »

Our Relief Society entered May's visiting teaching results in MLS prior to the switch to the LCR based system. The results are still showing on our MLS screens, but they don't appear in LCR. Will they need to re-enter the results in LCR or will this sync at some point in time?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Visiting Teaching Results Entered in MLS Not Showing in

Post by russellhltn »

I'm guessing that the data was entered after the information was gathered for conversion. I'd guess you'll have to reenter since there is no sync.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Does anyone know when the sync cutoff is for the big rollout on June 12?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

mevans wrote:Does anyone know when the sync cutoff is for the big rollout on June 12?
I believe that with each send/receive MLS sends the data up. The big rollout is being stretched out to minimize this issue. Stakes are being added to the beta every workday (about 2000 units at a time) because of the time the ht/vt import takes. So the big rollout will really be just the last group.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

mevans wrote:Does anyone know when the sync cutoff is for the big rollout on June 12?
There is no specific cutoff. The best advice I can give you is to transmit immediately before and immediately after making any changes to callings or home and visiting teaching data.

Here is how things happen:

When MLS transmits, it checks for any changed data and transmits that information to Church headquarters.

Each stake and district has been assigned to a release group. For each release group, a process works through the wards and branches and processes the latest data sent from MLS to populate the home and visiting teaching data. It is possible that a ward could transmit just a few second before its data is converted and that data would make it into the import.

Once an entire release group is processed, there is some additional processing that happens and eventually all of the stakes, districts, wards, and branches in that release group are assigned to LCR 3. Part of that process generates configuration data that is sent to MLS to tell MLS to change to read-only mode for callings, organizations, and home and visiting teaching.

When MLS transmits and receives the configuration data telling it to change to read-only mode, it displays the popup message and changes its mode of operation.

If you are concerned about when data can be entered into MLS and not picked up for the conversion, here are the issues to worry about:
  • Data that has been entered into MLS and not transmitted before the conversion process runs will not be converted. The best way to prevent this is to make sure that you transmit immediately after completing changes to calling or HT/VT data.
  • Data that is entered after a ward has been converted to LCR 3 but before MLS goes into read-only mode will not be converted. The best way to prevent this is to make sure that you transmit immediately before making changes to calling or HT/VT data so that MLS receives the configuration information if it has been generated.
  • There is a window between when data is converted and when the configuration information is generated that sets MLS to read-only mode. We have tried to minimize that and it is limited to a few hours in most cases.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:The best advice I can give you is to transmit immediately before and immediately after making any changes to callings or home and visiting teaching data.
A couple of problems with that: I'm not sure as the typical quorum or auxiliary leader has rights to do a send/receive. Even if they did, they could well be presented with printing choices that contains information that they shouldn't be looking at.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

russellhltn wrote:A couple of problems with that: I'm not sure as the typical quorum or auxiliary leader has rights to do a send/receive. Even if they did, they could well be presented with printing choices that contains information that they shouldn't be looking at.
Those users will be able to transmit. There is a possibility that they will end up with a printing issue, but the window we're dealing with is fairly narrow.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Last week I emailed RS and Priesthood in our ward and told them not to make and HT/VT changes after Sunday until the new system rolls out unless they talk with one of the clerks. That just seemed to be the easiest approach.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”