need help downloading to kindle paperwhite

vickiec51

need help downloading to kindle paperwhite

Post by vickiec51 »

my son sent me a KINDLE PAPERWHITE...so I can download the bible and book of Mormon and hymnal on my kindle paperwhite. I don't know how to do that. I can see the icons on there...but what I see is..... for kindle fire and for android...what can I pick to download....kindles of all kinds are just for having books and downloading things ...I want my little kindle paperwhite to be my scriptures and hymnal....I sure would appreciate the help my email is vickiec51@hotmail.com thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: need help downloading to kindle paperwhite

Post by russellhltn »

You can download the scriptures in .mobi format here. That will get you the scriptures you can read like a book.

The Kindle Paperwhite cannot run apps, so you can't install the Gospel Library app that most members use. Gospel Library requires a tablet like Android, iPad, or Kindle Fire.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

There are also several ebook manuals, etc. here (you probably want the MOBI format):
https://www.lds.org/media-library/ebooks?lang=eng
I haven't seen an ebook of the hymns, but there's a PDF here that might work (I don't know how the Kindle Paperwhite handles scrolling or jumping around in PDFs):
https://media.ldscdn.org/pdf/music/hymn ... ns-eng.pdf
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
vickiec51

Post by vickiec51 »

thank you very much....now how do I actually do this...I can plug my kindle paperwhite into my laptop with windows 8.1 and how from there does it happen or does it happen another way...appreciate your help in this as well..thanks....vickiec51@hotmail.com
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I've never used a Kindle device before, but after downloading the ebook files from LDS.org to your computer, I think you will be able to follow the instructions here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer ... =201241850
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

russellhltn wrote:The Kindle Paperwhite cannot run apps, so you can't install the Gospel Library app that most members use. Gospel Library requires a tablet like Android, iPad, or Kindle Fire.
Just to add, while the Paperwhite is probably adequate for personal scripture study (when you tend to read the scriptures like a book - in a continuous mode), I doubt if the paperwhite can keep up with the scripture-chase style of reading in Sunday School or Relief Society/Priesthood.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hmataele

Post by hmataele »

You can download the quad to your paperwhite. Just go to the search type in Book of Mormon. There’s a quad option. It’s 3.00 but the time and effort you can avoid spending. It’s worth it and you can read it whenever on all your kindles.

Return to “Mobile Applications”