manage home/visiting teaching and callings on lds.org

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
aclawson

manage home/visiting teaching and callings on lds.org

Post by aclawson »

Did this go live for everybody yet or are they still phasing it in?
drepouille

Re: manage home/visiting teaching and callings on lds.org

Post by drepouille »

I just received the "You can now manage home and visiting teaching and callings on LDS.org" e-mail, which "was sent to members who use Leader and Clerk Resources in their calling."

It certainly looks like LCR 3.0 has gone public, but you never know for sure about these things.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:I just received the "You can now manage home and visiting teaching and callings on LDS.org" e-mail, which "was sent to members who use Leader and Clerk Resources in their calling."

It certainly looks like LCR 3.0 has gone public, but you never know for sure about these things.
The Beta has been expanded, but LCR 3.0 has not gone totally public. When it does go live in your area, that is the email you will receive.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Because the changeover is done an entire stake at a time, it would be hard to word it so that it didn't sound public. Really, it's only on forums like this where different stakes compare notes is the different schedule an issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mikericks

Post by mikericks »

I just looked into this and see a real problem for our ward/stake. Under the direction of our Stake President, we have Elders and High Priests home teaching together and they home teach families who are both under the stewardship of the High Priest Group and Elder's quorum. To make this work in the mls, each home teaching companionship were in two districts, one showing the high priest and single sisters and another for the elders families they home teach. To manage this, the elders and high priests need access to all the districts. We could do this with the MLS but now, as a member of the Elder's Quorum Presidency, I cannot see, edit or report on the High Priest's districts. If this isn't changed, it will pose a very real problem for us.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mikericks wrote:To make this work in the mls, each home teaching companionship were in two districts, one showing the high priest and single sisters and another for the elders families they home teach. To manage this, the elders and high priests need access to all the districts.
Seems to me that it could still be done -it's just the HP enter or change the data for HP responsibilities and the EQ does the same for their area.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

mikericks wrote:... we have Elders and High Priests home teaching together and they home teach families who are both under the stewardship of the High Priest Group and Elder's quorum. ... We could do this with the MLS but now, as a member of the Elder's Quorum Presidency, I cannot see, edit or report on the High Priest's districts. If this isn't changed, it will pose a very real problem for us.
Families can be assigned to any district. If they are assigned to the elders, the elders quorum presidency has stewardship for managing companionships and receiving reports. Likewise for the high priests. If only the elders quorum presidency is receiving home teaching reports, then you should just move all of the companionships and families to your district(s).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:Families can be assigned to any district.
The Handbook uses the word "usually" when describing how families are assigned to quorums. So it would seem permissible to assign all the families in one district to one quorum, but to do that wholesale seems to violate the spirit of the directive. But then having one district report to two quorums depending on the family seems a bit unwieldy.

But it is what it is. I don't foresee the developers allowing one quorum to mess with the data of another quorum. The fact MLS allowed that is because permissions in MLS were sloppy.

joinesgs

Post by joinesgs »

mikericks wrote:I just looked into this and see a real problem for our ward/stake. Under the direction of our Stake President, we have Elders and High Priests home teaching together and they home teach families who are both under the stewardship of the High Priest Group and Elder's quorum. To make this work in the mls, each home teaching companionship were in two districts, one showing the high priest and single sisters and another for the elders families they home teach. To manage this, the elders and high priests need access to all the districts. We could do this with the MLS but now, as a member of the Elder's Quorum Presidency, I cannot see, edit or report on the High Priest's districts. If this isn't changed, it will pose a very real problem for us.

I am having the same problem. It seems to me this new way of doing things is a step backwards to what we already had with mls.
mikericks

Post by mikericks »

russellhltn wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:Families can be assigned to any district.

So it would seem permissible to assign all the families in one district to one quorum, but to do that wholesale seems to violate the spirit of the directive. But then having one district report to two quorums depending on the family seems a bit unwieldy.

But it is what it is. I don't foresee the developers allowing one quorum to mess with the data of another quorum. The fact MLS allowed that is because permissions in MLS were sloppy.
It is what it is because our Stake President has directed us to do this. The "directive" is that he is the presiding High Priest in our stake and it is up to us to sustain him and be obedient. The way it worked with the MLS was not a bit unwieldy, it was very unwieldy but possible. The problem here is not how we organize our home teaching districts, but that the tools we use to organize, track and report are not very flexible. This change, although much more convenient, is even more inflexible. It is not and should not be up to the "developers" to determine who has access. That should be up to the Priesthood leaders of the various Stakes, Districts, Wards and Branches.

I would love to be able to combine the two separate districts for organizational purposes but have the reporting function have the ability to still separate the households between the traditional guidelines.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”