LCR 3.0 beta questions

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
nathangg

LCR 3.0 beta questions

Post by nathangg »

I logged in to LCR today and received the Beta message. I'm currently a stake executive secretary.

I have these questions:

Is the beta for the entire stake? Or just my account?

If it is for the whole stake, does that mean everyone with access to LCR will also see the LCR 3.0 beta screens? (Such as HT/VT and updating callings?)

There was a note about HT/VT and databases:
With LCR now supporting (1) organization and callings and (2) home and visiting teaching management and to avoid the problems with having two separate databases, you will no longer be able to update this information using MLS. Changes made to organizations and callings in LCR will be viewable in MLS. Changes made to home and visiting teaching in LCR will not be viewable or updatable in MLS. To preserve home and visiting teaching information you may have recorded in MLS, your ward’s MLS home and visiting teaching information has been preloaded into LCR. You can use this preloaded information in LCR or you can delete the preloaded data and start over. Your organization and calling information is already available in LCR.
Does this mean once we are on the beta that NO ONE can enter HT/VT via MLS? (That they must now use the online system?)

THANK YOU~!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LCR 3.0 beta questions

Post by russellhltn »

nathangg wrote:Is the beta for the entire stake?
I'm pretty sure it's for the entire stake. I haven't heard otherwise. And it would make the next part difficult if it wasn't.

nathangg wrote:Does this mean once we are on the beta that NO ONE can enter HT/VT via MLS? (That they must now use the online system?)
Correct.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

nathangg wrote:Is the beta for the entire stake? Or just my account?
Entire stake.
nathangg wrote:If it is for the whole stake, does that mean everyone with access to LCR will also see the LCR 3.0 beta screens? (Such as HT/VT and updating callings?)
Yes.
nathangg wrote:Does this mean once we are on the beta that NO ONE can enter HT/VT via MLS? (That they must now use the online system?)
Yes. Wards will get a notification in MLS the next time they transmit.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

Thank you for the replies!

I have another question: What if we click the "Exit Beta" will there be any adverse affects? What if people have entered in their HT/VT already in the beta site? Will they have to re-enter it again in MLS? (Will MLS automatically be "unlocked" again?)

Thank you!!!!
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

nathangg wrote:What if we click the "Exit Beta" will there be any adverse affects? What if people have entered in their HT/VT already in the beta site? Will they have to re-enter it again in MLS? (Will MLS automatically be "unlocked" again?)
"Exit beta" switches you back to the previous LCR code in case there is a bug that breaks functionality that was working in the prior version. It does not remove you from the beta access list and does not unlock MLS. Switching MLS back to pre-LCR-3 mode requires that configuration for your unit be changed at Church headquarters and a configuration file has to be sent to MLS.

In short, once you are migrated, there's not a simple path back. It requires some work to be done at headquarters and would only happen if there is a serious issue that can't be resolved. Switching back and forth between the two is not an option.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

If/when we go on the beta LCR, will everyone who logs on get the message or only leaders?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

zaneclark wrote:If/when we go on the beta LCR, will everyone who logs on get the message or only leaders?
Anyone logging into MLS will get the message. There is an option on the popup message to not show the message again. That is a user-specific setting. If a clerk logs in, gets the message, and clicks the check box to not show the message again, the bishop would still get the message when he logs in until he clicks the check box.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Once switched to LCR 3.0 Beta, calling management is added at LCR. Is MLS also locked down, or can calling changes still be made in MLS, as well, as they would be expected to roll through CDOL to LCR?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

lajackson wrote:Once switched to LCR 3.0 Beta, calling management is added at LCR. Is MLS also locked down, or can calling changes still be made in MLS, as well, as they would be expected to roll through CDOL to LCR?
MLS is also locked down for callings and calling changes will need to be made through LCR. Most calling information will still flow back to MLS so that reports not yet available on LCR can be printed, but changes have to happen in LCR.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It would appear to me that much if not all of the need to access MLS by auxiliaries and quorums will disappear with LCR 3.0. That's not to say they still don't need access to the clerk's office to use the computer and printer.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”