LCR 3.0 Beta

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
rpyne

Re: LCR 3.0 Beta

Post by rpyne »

scgallafent wrote:This out-of-unit member information does not transfer back to MLS. If you are using these features in LCR, you should print class rolls and other lists from LCR whenever possible. If they are printed from MLS, the out-of-unit members will not be included.
Then the printing of class rolls in LCR needs to be fixed to work like MLS in that we can print rolls starting on any month, not just quarterly. Quarterly reporting in a stable ward may work fine, but living in a ward that averages 70% turnover each year presents challenges that create the need for much more frequent reporting in the ward.
romeumiguel

Post by romeumiguel »

I can change companionship on family teachers on this system ? and change districts, and family thei visit ?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

rpyne wrote:Then the printing of class rolls in LCR needs to be fixed to work like MLS in that we can print rolls starting on any month, not just quarterly. Quarterly reporting in a stable ward may work fine, but living in a ward that averages 70% turnover each year presents challenges that create the need for much more frequent reporting in the ward.
I checked and see your feedback on this in the queue, so I won't tell you to submit feedback. It hasn't been resolved from the feedback queue, which means that a final decision hasn't been made on what to do.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

romeumiguel wrote:I can change companionship on family teachers on this system ? and change districts, and family thei visit ?
Assuming:
  • That your stake is on the Beta, or you wait for general release later this month.
  • You hold the proper standard position
Yes.

Although, I'm a little puzzled by your use of "family teacher". That's not the usual English phraseology used in the church. Perhaps you're from another country. I'm not 100% sure what the roll-out schedule is for other areas.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
silus99

Post by silus99 »

General Question on LCR 3 and Home Teaching

- If we are in the Beta, do we now do all home teaching reporting and changes in the Beta only and stop using MLS? (previously I have read that this would be the case, but I don't know on the beta)

- If we should keep in the Beta, how do I move a family (Priest) under the Elders Quorum for responsibility and home teaching assignments?

Thanks!

PS - Love that this is rolling out, I have been waiting for it for years!
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

silus99 wrote:- If we are in the Beta, do we now do all home teaching reporting and changes in the Beta only and stop using MLS? (previously I have read that this would be the case, but I don't know on the beta)
If you are in the beta, you no longer have the ability to modify home teaching data in MLS. The data is visible for historical reference, but cannot be modified.
silus99

Post by silus99 »

Thanks, I appreciate the response.

Regarding my second question, it appears that families are assigned to a quorum for home teaching. If they need to be moved to another quorum to make an appropriate home teaching assignment, how do I do that?

An example is a couple where the man does not hold the priesthood or holds only the Aaronic priesthood that shows up under High Priests, but the Bishop feels should be assigned home teachers from the Elders Quorum?

Thanks!
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

silus99 wrote:Regarding my second question, it appears that families are assigned to a quorum for home teaching. If they need to be moved to another quorum to make an appropriate home teaching assignment, how do I do that?
There is not a way to do this without making a home teaching assignment. Assign the family to a home teaching companionship in the elders quorum and that should accomplish what you need.
silus99

Post by silus99 »

Thanks, but I am not sure I am explaining my issue clearly. Yes, I would like to assign them to be taught by a home teaching companionship from the Elders Quorum, but they show up under the High Priests list and only High Priests companionship's are listed for me to assign. How do I get the family to show up on the Elders list?

I am assuming they show on the High Priests list because the head of household is a Priest in the Aaronic Priesthood, and as such prospective Elders are assigned to High Priests, but that is at the discretion of the Bishopric as to the family circumstances. So how do I change this since I think I don't have the option in MLS anymore?
silus99

Post by silus99 »

Never mind, I found it. I see that I have to go into the members record and they changed the "Callings" tab to "Callings/Classes" where you can assign them to a quorum different than their default.

Thanks!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”