Membership Clerk PDF

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jreasthope-p40

Membership Clerk PDF

Post by jreasthope-p40 »

A few weeks ago we could download a pdf document which showed all the responsibilities for the various clerks in the ward. Does anyone know where this can be found now as it appears to have been moved or removed?

Note: I have seen the new clerk site and the video lessons they provide. These are great but they don't allow you to search for a specific task and having to watch and skip through a lesson to review something can be very time consuming. Also the pdf can be carried around on a portable device like a PDA which can then be referred to at any time.

Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jreasthope wrote:A few weeks ago we could download a pdf document which showed all the responsibilities for the various clerks in the ward. Does anyone know where this can be found now as it appears to have been moved or removed?

Note: I have seen the new clerk site and the video lessons they provide. These are great but they don't allow you to search for a specific task and having to watch and skip through a lesson to review something can be very time consuming. Also the pdf can be carried around on a portable device like a PDA which can then be referred to at any time.

Thanks

Your reference is rather vague, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. Where did you go to download this document? I don't recall any such document being on clerk.lds.org, or on this site.

One document that comes close, and may indeed be what you are referring to, is the PDF version of the online training lesson The Role of the Ward Clerk. Although the video lesson is available at lds.org, the PDF version is available only if you download and install the entire set of lessons. The lessons should be installed on each ward and stake administrative computer, so that is one source, but you can also download them for use on a personal computer.

To download, go to the Record-keeping and Auditing Training page, and click on the "Download these lessons" link. In the downloaded version of the lessons, there is a PDF icon to the right of each lesson. If you save each of the PDF lessons, you will have a reference that is much more portable and easy to browse.

If that is not what you are looking for, please provide some more specifics as to what the document looked like, and your best recollection of where you found it previously, and we'll try to find it.
opee

This thread??

Post by opee »

Is this the thread that you were referring to? I had some files about clerk responsibilities...?

http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1303
SmithGW

Membership Clerk PDF

Post by SmithGW »

I don't know where you got your PDF. However, each lesson in the Clerk and Auditor Training has a PDF you can print. The problem is that you have to view the lesson until you come to a print button. Then it will bring up a PDF. There is more than one lesson for membership clerks, so you could print more than one PDF. This could be of some help to you.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

smithgw wrote:I don't know where you got your PDF. However, each lesson in the Clerk and Auditor Training has a PDF you can print. The problem is that you have to view the lesson until you come to a print button. Then it will bring up a PDF. There is more than one lesson for membership clerks, so you could print more than one PDF. This could be of some help to you.
The PDF in the online lessons is fairly well hidden, but smithgw is correct that it can be found. If you are only interested in the PDF, you can get to it a bit quicker without viewing the entire lesson:
  • Start the lesson by clicking on the appropriate link from Record-Keeping and Auditing Training
  • Click on the navigation button in the bottom right corner that is three rectangles
  • This will expand the screen to include a tabbed dialog with tabs for Thumb, Notes, Search; it also creates a slider to pick a position in the current page's narration.
  • Choose the Thumb tab
  • Scroll to near the end, and click on the desired page
  • The Print button will typically be on the next to last page, or sometimes the one before that (often called Review).
  • You can use the slider under the lesson to quickly advance to the end of the narration for the page.
  • If you are on the right page, the Print icon will appear next to the Next Page button.
But all this would be much easier if the main index page of Record-Keeping and Auditing Training would include a link by each lesson directly to the summary PDF. That's how the index page of the downloaded lessons works -- why should the online version be any different?

By the way, the PDFs are all directly URL-addressable. As an example, I have linked to the PDF for The Role of the Ward Clerk, but it would be too tedious for me to link to them all.
opee

Downloading the lessons gives you access

Post by opee »

Another way to get the PDF is by accessing the Training through MLS using the help menu OR by downloading and installing all of the lessons on the computer. When you access the "home" page of the training on your local install of the training, it gives a link to the PDF for each lesson next to the link to the lesson.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

...or you can just follow the links below. :cool:

Record-Keeping and Auditing Training (Main webpage)

Introduction

Priesthood Leaders

Stake Auditors & Audit Committee Members

Stake & Ward Clerks

Keeping Financial Records

Keeping Membership Records

Other Record-Keeping Information
Please bear in mind, these files are NO substitute for going through the training videos appropriate for your calling. Some links are missing key information and slides found ONLY in the accompanying video. I'm providing these links for review purposes only.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Eric Werny-p40

Once A Clerk, Alway A Clerk

Post by Eric Werny-p40 »

Learn you responsibilities well. Your vital to your Ward and Ward leadership success. Being a Ward Clerk or Assistant Clerk is one of the most important calling in the church, and one with the least amount of praise for your efforts. It is the simple thanks for the Primary president or Relief Society President when you help with her visiting teaching redistricting that counts.

At the last Relief Society Enrichment meeting they were serving dinner. They came and got me from the
clerk office and feed me. It was well worth it, and the Apple and Ice Cream made the day.

Good Luck

Eric

Return to “Membership Help”