Budgets

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
rggoodie

Budgets

Post by rggoodie »

Will the financial portion of FIS go online allowing us to view budgets etc. from lds.org?
eblood66

Re: Budgets

Post by eblood66 »

rggoodie wrote:Will the financial portion of FIS go online allowing us to view budgets etc. from lds.org?
Indications are that all major parts of MLS will be transitioned to Leader and Clerk Resources but no timetable has been given for when the financial part will be ready. Considering how long other parts (like callings and HT/VT) have taken and how big the financial part is, I wouldn't expect it before next year at the earliest.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

At the Tech Conference in Oct 2014 they indicated it was not in the plans for 2015.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rggoodie wrote:Will the financial portion of FIS go online allowing us to view budgets etc. from lds.org?
Eventually, but not anytime soon. Sorry I am not able to be more specific. My own personal guess would be not this year, maybe next, but I do not have a reliable source for the "maybe next" part of my comment, and it may not happen even that soon.

I am confident, though, that once all of the membership side of MLS is online, the financial side will follow. It is just a question of how quickly.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It will be interesting to see what security they come up with. Because it would essentially be on-line banking and would no doubt be attractive to hackers and organized crime.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:It will be interesting to see what security they come up with.
I am certain that this is one of the biggest concerns, and one that I would not discuss here, of course.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I wouldn't be surprised but what we'll see additional changes to the meetinghouse network to place unit machines on the VPN - and payment can only be authorized from "inside" the network, not from the public side or the Internet at large. And for various reasons, I don't foresee printing checks outside of the meetinghouse anyway.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: A tangential discussion that ensued at this point has been moved to a separate topic at Computer Changes for LCR.]

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”