Out of Stake, Stake calling?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
adoga

Out of Stake, Stake calling?

Post by adoga »

I'm stake clerk. We have a member that is serving in our Stake as a Seminary Teacher. However, his records are in another Stake all together because that's where he lives. How do we create an out of unit record for him since he is not serving in a ward/branch specifically?

Do we have to 1) assign him to a unit in the stake, 2) create an out of unit record, then 3) assign him the Seminary Teacher calling?
pete.arnett

Re: Out of Stake, Stake calling?

Post by pete.arnett »

Sounds like a plan
Have done several "Out of Units"
1) create an out of unit record in the stake or unit, then 2) assign a calling
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It looks to me like you can create a out-of-unit record at the stake level in the Stake MLS (Membership Records/More > Other Record changes/Create Out of Unit Member). I don't know as any out-of-unit record created in the ward would appear at the stake for assignment to a calling.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
adoga

Post by adoga »

russellhltn wrote:It looks to me like you can create a out-of-unit record at the stake level in the Stake MLS (Membership Records/More > Other Record changes/Create Out of Unit Member). I don't know as any out-of-unit record created in the ward would appear at the stake for assignment to a calling.
Thank You I couldn't find that option! I'll do that :)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:It looks to me like you can create a out-of-unit record at the stake level in the Stake MLS (Membership Records/More > Other Record changes/Create Out of Unit Member). I don't know as any out-of-unit record created in the ward would appear at the stake for assignment to a calling.
An out of unit record created in a ward does appear at the stake, just as any other member does. I was not aware you could create an out of unit member at the stake level, so we added a senior missionary couple to one of the wards to which they are assigned, then gave them a stake calling to give them access to everything they will need as they serve here for the next 18 months.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”