How to order "Handbook 2: Administering the Church"?

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
tylermccayives

How to order "Handbook 2: Administering the Church"?

Post by tylermccayives »

Hello!

Does anyone know how to order "Handbook 2: Administering the Church"? We have a Portuguese group that meets as part of our ward and my Bishop would like me to order 5 copies of the handbook for this group to use as a reference.

Naturally I went to "Leader and Clerk Resources." I then selected "Purchase Materials" from the "Applications" pull-down menu. However, I can't located the Handbook anywhere on the store.lds.org site. Any advice?

Thanks in advance!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to order "Handbook 2: Administering the Church"?

Post by russellhltn »

I went store.lds.org, "Unit Materials" > "View More" > "Reference and Handbooks" > "Handbook 2".

But it's worth pointing out that it's in electronic form in the Gospel Library App .
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

tylermccayives wrote:Hello!

Does anyone know how to order "Handbook 2: Administering the Church"? We have a Portuguese group that meets as part of our ward and my Bishop would like me to order 5 copies of the handbook for this group to use as a reference.

Naturally I went to "Leader and Clerk Resources." I then selected "Purchase Materials" from the "Applications" pull-down menu. However, I can't located the Handbook anywhere on the store.lds.org site. Any advice?

Thanks in advance!
Did you log in with your LDS Account before looking? Unless you log in (and have a clerk or leadership calling) you probably won't see it.
tylermccayives

Post by tylermccayives »

I wonder if I don't have the proper permissions? When I pull up store.lds.org from leader and clerk resources this is my screen (see image #1)
Image #1.png
(488.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Once I click on "Unit Materials" I get this screen... and I'm only able to access the Staple's portal. I can't locate anything that says "View More." (see image #2)
Image #2.png
(483.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Do you think this is a permissions problem?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

tylermccayives wrote:Do you think this is a permissions problem?
What is your calling?
tylermccayives

Post by tylermccayives »

My calling is: Ward Assistant Clerk--Membership
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

tylermccayives wrote:My calling is: Ward Assistant Clerk--Membership
I would think you would be able to order it but it's possible it's limited to the Ward Clerk or bishop. I'd ask your ward clerk to try.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Try going direct to store.lds.org.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tylermccayives

Post by tylermccayives »

haha... actually we don't have a "Ward Clerk." We have two assistant clerks. Sooo.... maybe that's part of the problem. I'll ask the financial clerk if he has the ability to order it.

Thanks!
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

tylermccayives wrote:haha... actually we don't have a "Ward Clerk." We have two assistant clerks. Sooo.... maybe that's part of the problem. I'll ask the financial clerk if he has the ability to order it.

Thanks!
I really doubt the financial clerk will be able to if you can't. You may have to ask the bishop do it or (probably better) just try calling them instead. Another option would be to ask a stake clerk to order it for you.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”