Protect a member record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
longc

Protect a member record

Post by longc »

I am the ward clerk. I have a young lady that has moved into the ward. She is currently going through a pretty nasty divorce. She would like to move her records into my ward but is concerned her current husband will find where she lives.

How can I protect this young lady??
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Protect a member record

Post by russellhltn »

By using the privacy settings, you (or her) can limit her visibility to just the leadership of the ward/stake. Short of not recording the contact information at all, I don't know what else you can do.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

And perhaps contact her previous Ward, to ensure they don't give the spouse any indication as to what Ward her record has gone to.
longc

Post by longc »

Is the info viable to ONLY local leadership? Or could any leadership, world wide, view the info if I list it as private??
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

longc wrote:Is the info viable to ONLY local leadership? Or could any leadership, world wide, view the info if I list it as private??
The info is only available to local leadership.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:And perhaps contact her previous Ward, to ensure they don't give the spouse any indication as to what Ward her record has gone to.
Only her new ward and stake - but as pointed out, her old ward would be able to see what ward her record was transferred to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”