Ability to view lesson and refernces at same time

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

kersey_cob

Ability to view lesson and refernces at same time

Post by kersey_cob »

In the old app we had the ability to have a lesson open and when clicking on the highlighted scripture it would open to the right in the reference section. You could read the passage without having to leave the lesson. This was a very useful feature that I find myself missing a lot. Now when clicking on the references it opens and covers half the lesson, and clicking on the passage in the reference takes you away from the lesson that is being discussed. Could the this feature be added back in?
ToManyLetters

Re: Ability to view lesson and refernces at same time

Post by ToManyLetters »

This feature has not been lost. Most users expect the references pane and other panes to light dismiss--to open it and close after they've seen what they needed in the pane. If, however, you'd like to keep the pane open while reading the scriptures, you can press the pin icon at the top right of the references pane. This will slide the text out from underneath and keep the references pane open. Further, tapping the reference shows a preview of the reference--you need to tap the little black arrow to actually navigate to the reference.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
kersey_cob

Re: Ability to view lesson and refernces at same time

Post by kersey_cob »

Thanks for the info. That helps some but I guess I should have been a little more specific. When referring to the references I was thinking about the ability to be able to view the referenced scripture not just a preview. In the old version, in most cases I was able to read the whole passage without having to navigate away from the lesson I was reading.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”