Ward Mission Leader iPad/Tablet Apps?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
reubendunn1

Ward Mission Leader iPad/Tablet Apps?

Post by reubendunn1 »

I've read a few threads here that are several years old, one of which had to do with an app for ward mission leaders. It was sort of an electronic version of the convert retention checklist.

Given that the iPad and similar tablets are becoming more and more used nowadays, I'm wondering if there is an app that one could use in Ward Council/PEC etc., meetings that would fit the requirements of a ward mission leaders reporting.

Any ideas?
shawndowler

Post by shawndowler »

I would be interested in an answer to this post. I've just been called as a Ward Mission Leader and I would really like some tips from anyone else who might be using an iPad for this calling.
reubendunn1

Post by reubendunn1 »

mailman0 wrote:I would be interested in an answer to this post. I've just been called as a Ward Mission Leader and I would really like some tips from anyone else who might be using an iPad for this calling.

I use the iPad spreadsheet to list the retention progress report of both the non members and the 15 inactive families that the missionaries and the ward council are working with. I have also scanned the convert baptismal checklist too, I can type directly onto the from and print or email as needed. I have Preach my Gospel as well as Handbook2 of The General Handbook on it was well. LDSTools is also useful as I can carry the whole stake directory and the leadership information in one bundle.
Briggs2326

Re: Ward Mission Leader iPad/Tablet Apps?

Post by Briggs2326 »

I'm a huge proponent of having technology do as much of the heavy lifting as possible and feel like I must have tried dozens of apps to assist me in tracking the progress of investigators / New & Returning Members as well as help me remember what I need to bring up in Ward Council.

Right now I'm using an app called "Meetings - Notebooks for Work - Meeting Notes, Agendas, and Minutes" (I'll paste a link below).

I have set it up so that the top section tells me what meeting it is (Correlation or W/C).
The next section lists all those who will be attending church that week so I can have a concise list.
The next section is Announcements that I need to make in W/C or Priesthood.
The next section is for notes on individuals/families.
The last section is To Do's which can be set with due dates.

If I remember right it was $3.99 and of course there are some limitations to the app but so far it is definitely the best I've found so far.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/meeting ... 10692?mt=8

Return to “General Discussions”