LDS accounts out of sync in LDStools, MLS, and LCR

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
hamiltondfp

LDS accounts out of sync in LDStools, MLS, and LCR

Post by hamiltondfp »

I'm hoping this is the right place to report this. With so many applications that seem to be involved in the issue I am assuming this is the best place to report it.

In my previous ward I was a financial clerk. I was released about 5 or 6 months ago. Recently, in my new ward I was called as assistant executive secretary. The calling was not in MLS, so we created the position, made sure it had the leadership flag turned on and had permissions for viewing membership, with the intent of my being able to view membership reports so I could schedule appointment for the Bishopric for members who are about to have temple recommends expire, or semi-annual interviews with the youth.

We set this up, pressed send receive changes in MLS, I synced LDStools, and cannot view the reports that the other executive secr try could view. I'm willing to accept that maybe this is just a matter of waiting for the systems to link on the backend, but I also tried using the tools section on LDS.org, but the only tool it has available for me to use under the "Tools for your Responsibilities and Callings" section is the Donations tool, which I don't believe I should still be able to access.

Where can I best share this issue, and any recommendations on anything else I need to try.

Thanks!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: LDS accounts out of sync in LDStools, MLS, and LCR

Post by sbradshaw »

Custom callings don't get any special access on LDS.org or in LDS Tools, whether or not the leadership flag is checked. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure what the purpose of the leadership flag is.

My suggestion is to work with the bishop and the stake to change your calling to ward assistant clerk (clerk callings need to go through the stake) and then be assigned to work with the executive secretary. Assistant clerk is a standard calling and will have the access needed.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
hamiltondfp

Post by hamiltondfp »

Thank you for the information. I'm not sure if they will change the calling to give me access, but at least I know why it's not working and may just have to go the paper route for now.

However, there still seems to be an issue with LDS.org having Donations down as a tool I can use? Should this be reported anywhere?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

hamiltondfp wrote:We set this up, pressed send receive changes in MLS, I synced LDStools, and cannot view the reports that the other executive secr try could view.
sbradshaw already addressed this part and I recommend his solution as well. In all the wards I've been involved with lately the assistant executive secretary is called as an assistant ward clerk (either instead of or in addition to assistant executive secretary) in order to provide the needed access.
hamiltondfp wrote:but the only tool it has available for me to use under the "Tools for your Responsibilities and Callings" section is the Donations tool, which I don't believe I should still be able to access.
Actually, that isn't a tool for financial secretaries. That's a tool for members in general to make donations. It's only available in a few areas so far but it looks like the link has already been added to the tools menu (at least I see it as well--but when I follow the link I'm told it isn't available in my area yet).
hamiltondfp

Post by hamiltondfp »

Ha! Silly me. Thank you for the help.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

sbradshaw wrote:Custom callings don't get any special access on LDS.org or in LDS Tools, whether or not the leadership flag is checked. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure what the purpose of the leadership flag is.
Oooo. I know! :D

The leadership flag was originally used to determine whether a custom calling was listed in the "leadership" panel or the "other callings" panel for an organization. It doesn't do anything more than that and has been somewhat deprecated, but not completely removed. With each change, we rely more and more on CDOL to provide this information.
mevans

Post by mevans »

eblood66 wrote:
hamiltondfp wrote:but the only tool it has available for me to use under the "Tools for your Responsibilities and Callings" section is the Donations tool, which I don't believe I should still be able to access.
Actually, that isn't a tool for financial secretaries. That's a tool for members in general to make donations. It's only available in a few areas so far but it looks like the link has already been added to the tools menu (at least I see it as well--but when I follow the link I'm told it isn't available in my area yet).
I believe the link is there now because it's being rolled out through the end of the year. Since it will eventually be a tool available to everyone, I imagine it makes more sense to add a menu item for everyone, rather than creating logic to only show the menu item if the person has access.

Return to “Church Account”