New access for a secretary

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
tylerlybb

New access for a secretary

Post by tylerlybb »

Hello,

I am the clerk in my ward. We have a new Relief Society secretary that needs to get on LDS.org to record visiting teaching but she doesn't have access to the Clerk and Leader Resources. I have entered her into the MLS and have given her permissions there and I have synched the MLS up. But she still doesn't have access on LDS.org. What do we need to do? Someone else mentioned that she needs to sign up for "beta" .. but I don't see that option anywhere.. I think I signed up for beta testing a while back so maybe the option disappeared for me but this new secretary will see it. Any help is much appreciated!
eblood66

Re: New access for a secretary

Post by eblood66 »

tylerlyb wrote:Hello,

I am the clerk in my ward. We have a new Relief Society secretary that needs to get on LDS.org to record visiting teaching but she doesn't have access to the Clerk and Leader Resources. I have entered her into the MLS and have given her permissions there and I have synched the MLS up. But she still doesn't have access on LDS.org. What do we need to do? Someone else mentioned that she needs to sign up for "beta" .. but I don't see that option anywhere.. I think I signed up for beta testing a while back so maybe the option disappeared for me but this new secretary will see it. Any help is much appreciated!
There are two issues here. First, the RS secretary should have access to Leader and Clerk Resources. It can take up to 24 hours after recording a calling before someone gets their rights. So if it hasn't been that long yet then just wait a while still. If it has been that long then you need to make sure she was recorded using the correct standard calling rather than a custom calling with the same or similar name. If you look in CDOL the calling should be in black if it is a standard calling.

Second, only units participating in the beta will see the option for recording HT/VT. You can't request it individually. If your unit is involved in the beta then you (as ward clerk) should see the option for HT/VT. If you don't see if then your unit isn't participating and the RS secretary won't see it either. In that case she needs to still use MLS to record VT.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: New access for a secretary

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:Second, only units participating in the beta will see the option for recording HT/VT.
Indications are the general roll out will be around June 17th.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Re: Wireless Survey of church building with Netspot

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote:
eblood66 wrote:Second, only units participating in the beta will see the option for recording HT/VT.
Indications are the general roll out will be around June 17th.
Or around June 12th, as the LCR Release Notes have been amended since the original June 17th date was listed.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”