Website "Bug"

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
theVman

Website "Bug"

Post by theVman »

Who do you email or contact to advise of a bug in the lds website "https://www.lds.org/directory/"?
Happen in "Firefox" so I used "IE" and its the same, I still get the "Firefox" error prompt in IE. However i just downloaded "chrome" and it works. I now get the "photo upload agreement" and it allows me to update my photo.

Steps to reproduce:- go to https://www.lds.org/directory/ - select your name from the Directory - on the details section to the right at the top select "Edit" - then under one of your family members photos select "Change" for those with a photo or "Add a Photo" for entries without a photo. The 'firefox' warning error below is generated. Looks like a Java prompt (ui-tooltip-17).

This is the line of code that causes the error;
a aria-describedby="ui-tooltip-17" style="display: inline;" id="change_image_false_18218858105" class="bluelink editControl">Change |

Error message:-
Warning
Sorry for the inconvenience, Firefox is not currently supported for image uploads. Support for Firefox will be added in a future release.
Please use a different supported web browser or LDSTools on iOS or Android to upload photos.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Website "Bug"

Post by russellhltn »

theVman wrote:Happen in "Firefox" so I used "IE" and its the same, I still get the "Firefox" error prompt in IE.
I just tried the steps in IE11 and I didn't get the message.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
theVman

Post by theVman »

Im using version 11.0.9600.17801

Do you have Firefox installed?

I have a screen grab, to prove I DID get the message.
Attachments
LDS-toolserrorIE.jpg
(72.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

To report a bug, go to the site, select the feedback link at the bottom of the page and fill out the form.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

theVman wrote:Do you have Firefox installed?
No, I don't. I'm not sure what lds.org is using to sense the browser for that step. I'm wondering if you have a security setting that disables a service that the site needs.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
theVman

Post by theVman »

Hi all,

Yes, I submitted the issue, however there was no mechanism to provide the screen shot.

Yes, you hit the nail on the head... its in the browser detection as the message is in both IE and Firefox. Im not that convinced about the security settings, its unlikely I have the same set between browsers as i use Firefox mainly and only use IE to test or get around sites that depend on features of siliverlight that firfox doesnt support. The IE settings will be "default" for sure.

I asked if you had firefox installed as I suspected that the "browser detection" was picking up on that it was installed rather than it being used as the current browser, which is triggering the prompt.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”