Face to Face with Elder Bednar

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
kevswilson

Post by kevswilson »

I have a list of questions from my young women that I am supposed to submit for the Face to Face event tomorrow. However, only youth 12-18 are able to submit through the comments section. Is there a way I can submit their questions?
Help!
Thanks, Kevara
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Face to Face with Elder Bednar

Post by lajackson »

Although leaders may help youth prepare questions, only the youth can submit the actual questions, as you have discovered.

I would suggest you send the questions back to the youth and ask them to go to the Youth Activities site and submit their questions (if they have not already been submitted by other youth).

There are other additional ways to submit questions during the event (Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram), but only one way before.

The Youth Activities site linked above says:
Youth can submit questions before the event by commenting below. They can also send questions during the event on this page, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using #LDSface2face. As you help youth prepare their questions, invite them to seek the guidance of the Holy Ghost. Consider this thought: If you had only one chance to ask an Apostle and his wife a question, what would it be?
I believe this is a very important and intended step in the process of teaching the youth to find answers to their questions.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

lajackson wrote:I believe this is a very important and intended step in the process of teaching the youth to find answers to their questions.
I think, rather, this is a very important and intended step for leaders not to do everything for kids just because it is easier/quicker and more likely to have smaller bumps along the way. :D
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
robartsd

Post by robartsd »

johnshaw wrote:I think, rather, this is a very important and intended step for leaders not to do everything for kids just because it is easier/quicker and more likely to have smaller bumps along the way. :D
Many leaders would likely have more difficulty adding comments to a page than most youth. If their are youth that do have difficulty, this would present an opportunity to help them learn and grow. Of course there is a great advantage to the youth being more active in submitting the questions.

Return to “General Discussions”