Calendar Is Double Booking Events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ASpaugh

Re: Calendar Is Double Booking Events

Post by ASpaugh »

Thank you for your help and for reporting it.
sadavis1976

Post by sadavis1976 »

I read the threads from the conversation and the pavilion I oversee is doing the same thing.
Two groups created separate events on the same day at the same time. I was able to create a fake event on the same day and time of the other events. I can create numerous events over and over, but I cannot do this at meetinghouses.
Seems like pavilions have an issue.
Good luck with finding the glitch.
ASpaugh

Post by ASpaugh »

I created a room in the pavilion and now it won't double book.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

We have this on our list to fix, hopefully in the next release.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

CrockettDR wrote:We have this on our list to fix, hopefully in the next release.
It appears that some changes were pushed out. Was this fixed?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tracyforyan

Post by tracyforyan »

We are having this problem as well. (Not sure if something was done yet to adress the issue.) Currently the Calendar is allowing other wards to book the same rooms at the same time as blocked off events. As far as we can tell when someone from our own ward tries to "double" book an event it won't let them. Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I believe the issue was addressed.
tracyforyan wrote:Currently the Calendar is allowing other wards to book the same rooms at the same time as blocked off events. As far as we can tell when someone from our own ward tries to "double" book an event it won't let them.
How exactly was the location "blocked off"?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rootbeericecream

Post by rootbeericecream »

Normally the system blocks duplicates, but we just encountered a duplicate entry as well. A custom-entered classroom for the same location. the only thing that is suspicious is that the building scheduler booked both events -- would the system allow that type of override by the location building scheduler ?

Attached are example screenshots of the overlap.
Attachments
rose_nursery.JPG
(94.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
YW_nursery.JPG
(82.44 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There was at one time a override for restrictions, but there should never be an override for events. Something messed up here.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rootbeericecream wrote:Normally the system blocks duplicates, but we just encountered a duplicate entry as well. A custom-entered classroom for the same location. the only thing that is suspicious is that the building scheduler booked both events -- would the system allow that type of override by the location building scheduler ?
Any other details you can supply - like when these events were placed, or when/what kind of modifications wee made?

The first step to fixing is to duplicate that.

Return to “Calendar”