Temporary records--linked vs not?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mab244

Temporary records--linked vs not?

Post by mab244 »

I have an active member in the ward who has a nonmember 22 year old son living with her. He appears to have a linked record, and on the mothers records shows up under "children" but not under "household", and the linked record is not able to be added to "household".

The mother asked that the child be listed under 'household'. I can do that with a regular temporary nonmember record...should I ask CHQ to delete the linked record and make a regular nonmember record? Or is listing him in 'household' irrelevant? What determines whether someone should have a linked record?
eblood66

Re: Temporary records--linked vs not?

Post by eblood66 »

mab244 wrote:I have an active member in the ward who has a nonmember 22 year old son living with her. He appears to have a linked record, and on the mothers records shows up under "children" but not under "household", and the linked record is not able to be added to "household".

The mother asked that the child be listed under 'household'. I can do that with a regular temporary nonmember record...should I ask CHQ to delete the linked record and make a regular nonmember record? Or is listing him in 'household' irrelevant? What determines whether someone should have a linked record?
Just create a non-member record. The linked record is just used to maintain the information about the member's family in the CHQ databases and is different than a non-member record. The non-member record you create in MLS will be local to MLS and won't be transmitted to CHQ. They don't interfere with each other and they have different purposes.

Note that you do need the non-members permission before creating the non-member record. Also creating the non-member record will only affect reports printed from MLS. It won't affect anything on-line in LCR, the Directory or in LDS Tools. There is currently no way to get a non-member to show in those places.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:Also creating the non-member record will only affect reports printed from MLS. It won't affect anything on-line in LCR, the Directory or in LDS Tools. There is currently no way to get a non-member to show in those places.
Maybe version 3.0 of LCR that will be released next month will provide a way. Perhaps one of the beta wards can chime in and tell us.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:
eblood66 wrote:Also creating the non-member record will only affect reports printed from MLS. It won't affect anything on-line in LCR, the Directory or in LDS Tools. There is currently no way to get a non-member to show in those places.
Maybe version 3.0 of LCR that will be released next month will provide a way. Perhaps one of the beta wards can chime in and tell us.
Although it's possible there isn't anything in the release notes to indicate that it addresses non-member records.

Return to “Membership Help”