Help with boundary changes

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
momasboy

Help with boundary changes

Post by momasboy »

So I am a new district clerk for a military district. We are changing some of our boundaries that are located on military bases. The problem that I have is with the boundary maps that I have received from church headquarters. The maps only show the roads/landmarks that are located off the base installations. The bases are outlined in grey, but the maps show no base roads/landmarks. I'm not sure how I am supposed to draw up our proposed boundaries on a map that is essentially blank in the areas that will contain the changes.

Any help on this would be appreciated!

Thanks!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Help with boundary changes

Post by lajackson »

If the information is not on the map the Church sent you, it probably is not available to them.

Draw the major roads dividing the units as best you are able, and include a written description of the lines. Church headquarters may have to manually enter them after they receive the information from you.

If you are able to send a map of the base installation (without violating any military rules), it also would be helpful to include that map, marked with the proposed boundary information.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:If the information is not on the map the Church sent you, it probably is not available to them.
I would guess that's the issue. Their maps do not contain information about the base.

This could also lead to problems with them determining which ward a given move-in belongs to. I'd check with both the church and military leaders on what information can be provided without violating security. In these days of Google maps, it may not be an issue anymore.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
momasboy

Post by momasboy »

Thank you for the responses! Google maps has several maps of the base with roads, so I'll just supplement the church map with one of those. I appreciate the help.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”