How can a YSA bishopric get access to a YSA Ward directory?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
robboshard

How can a YSA bishopric get access to a YSA Ward directory?

Post by robboshard »

I am a new counselor in a YSA bishopric. How can I access the YSA's when my records stay in my home ward? I can only see my home stake directory.

Thanks,
Rob
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How can a YSA bishopric get access to a YSA Ward directo

Post by russellhltn »

The ward needs to set you up as a Out of Unit Member and correctly record your position using a Standard Position. It would help if you get a IOS from your home ward clerk and then hand it to the YSA clerk and point him to these instructions.

Even then, it may take as long as 48 hours for the electronics keys to your new calling to appear.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

You will need to have them set you up again. They moved your records in to the YSA ward and then back out again, which released you from your calling.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:Then moved your records in to the YSA ward and then back out again, which released you from your calling.
Just to add, according to Handbook 1, your records are to stay in your home ward. It's an out-of-unit record that's created in the single's ward and given the calling. The move/move back may be due to a misunderstanding of how it's supposed to work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”