Internet Explorer's Content Advisor causing some grief

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
brado426

Internet Explorer's Content Advisor causing some grief

Post by brado426 »

Some individuals have experienced issues with a web site I'm working on that was caused by IE's Content Advisor. Basically, the issue is that the stateless cookies are lost when a page postbacks. So if the person is logged-in and they are redirected to another page, they are kicked out because their session is lost. Disabling Content Advisor in IE completely resolved the problem. Of course, Firefox always works fine.

I later learned that these individuals were having the exact same problem with some Church websites. I believe one that was specifically mentioned was FamilySearch.

Even if you explicitely add my site or the Church site to the "allowed sites list", the problem still occurs. So I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced problems with IE's content advisor. Also, if anyone knows the technical reason Content Advisor is causing the session to be killed, I would appreciate any information as to what needs to be done to resolve the problem. Since IE accounts for 80% of the browsers out there, I'd prefer to fix the problem on my end if possible.

Thanks,

Brad O.
brado426

Post by brado426 »

Looks like I just found the answer to my problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/226996

I will look into making some changes to my project as suggested by Microsoft. The Church may want to ensure one of the suggested solutions to this problem is followed as well.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Brad O. wrote:Looks like I just found the answer to my problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/226996

I will look into making some changes to my project as suggested by Microsoft. The Church may want to ensure one of the suggested solutions to this problem is followed as well.
Good find, thank you for the info! I was hoping you or I would find something on this issue; it was puzzling me as well when you first posted.

Return to “General Discussions”