birthdate info access

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
rdooley65

birthdate info access

Post by rdooley65 »

As the current ward historian/newsletter and calendar keeper and designer, I need access to a current list of birthdays. Other than having the ward clerk print a list out periodically, can I have access to see the birthdays? He seems determined that I should have access...
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: birthdate info access

Post by aebrown »

rdooley65 wrote:As the current ward historian/newsletter and calendar keeper and designer, I need access to a current list of birthdays. Other than having the ward clerk print a list out periodically, can I have access to see the birthdays? He seems determined that I should have access...
Access to birthday information is controlled by the permissions associated with callings. Those permissions are set by the Church departments with responsibility for membership records, under the direction of general authorities. Currently you don't hold any calling that gives you access to that information, so none of the online tools on LDS.org will show you that info. It doesn't really matter whether your ward clerk is "determined" that you should have access; it's not his decision.

If the bishop (who has authority over records in your ward) agrees that you need this information, then your only practical option is for the clerk to periodically give you updated information. It should take him less than 5 minutes every few months; that's not much of a burden.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”