Beta LCR 3.0: No Access to HT-VT report Ward Mission Leader

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
Jester_ag

Beta LCR 3.0: No Access to HT-VT report Ward Mission Leader

Post by Jester_ag »

(Note: this post split from topic Ward Council Members and Presidencies Now Have Access to LCR because I wanted to update and continue the subject without causing a fork in the outdated thread that discussed expanding the LCR to all ward council members.
Kisaac: community administrator)

It would also be very helpful for the Ward Mission leader to have access to the HT/VT report as well. This will allow them to see who should be taking care of certain focus families and they can reach to them directly.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Beta LCR 3.0-No Access to HT-VT report-Ward Mission Leader

Post by kisaac »

Jester_ag wrote:It would also be very helpful for the Ward Mission leader to have access to the HT/VT report as well. This will allow them to see who should be taking care of certain focus families and they can reach to them directly.
Agreed! As a ward mission leader, I need this report frequently, as I see it essential to my duties.
However, first glance at the new LCR 3.O only shows that a WML now can see who visits each member, as the "member profile" screen adds this information, with no reports of when (or if) any visits have been made.

Other ward council members, however, now have access to the HT and VT app on LCR 3.0, (which IS NOT available to the WML,) and a new "household Profile screen" contains the data most WML's now regularly request from our ward clerk...a record of who is assigned to HT and VT in each family I and the missionaries are working with, and if visits are being made, with a link (i think) to a 12 month record of visits. We just can't see it! I can't tell you how many times I ask in Ward Council who the HT or VT is, or if the visits are being made, and the clerk or presidency members are thumbing through notebooks looking it up!

I don't need access to all the data for the whole ward, or the ability to make changes or update visits, but for the 12 families we are working with I really need some reporting functions on assignments and visits made....Perhaps this decision on access to the "household profile screen" of the HT and VT app on the LCR 3.0 can be re-visited to include at least the WML?
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!
dfchamplain

Re: Beta LCR 3.0: No Access to HT-VT report Ward Mission Lea

Post by dfchamplain »

Why not ask this information in your weekly missionary correlation meeting? Invite a member of the Elders Quorum, High Priest Group, and Relief Society to report on this specific information during your meeting.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

The same department that oversees the duties of the ward mission leader determine the LCR functionality
Just because a eqp or rsp can't immediately get you data, doesn't mean you should have immediate access to the data. I understand you're plight. But we need to keep keys, stewardships, and roles in mind.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Beta LCR 3.0-No Access to HT-VT report-Ward Mission Lead

Post by aebrown »

kisaac wrote:Other ward council members, however, now have access to the HT and VT app on LCR 3.0, (which IS NOT available to the WML,)...
I certainly understand that not all information is or should be available to all ward council members. But if the above statement is correct, then I do disagree with the way the permissions have been set up. Certainly the bishopric, EQP, HPGL, and RS president need access to VT/HT data. But a WML needs access to that data at least as much as a YW, YM, SS, or Primary president.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

aebrown wrote:
kisaac wrote:Other ward council members, however, now have access to the HT and VT app on LCR 3.0, (which IS NOT available to the WML,)...
I certainly understand that not all information is or should be available to all ward council members. But if the above statement is correct, then I do disagree with the way the permissions have been set up. Certainly the bishopric, EQP, HPGL, and RS president need access to VT/HT data. But a WML needs access to that data at least as much as a YW, YM, SS, or Primary president.
Other ward council members do not have access to the HT/VT application. I just tested to be sure: young men, young women, Primary, and Sunday school -- none of these have access. They can view home and visiting teaching assignments for specific families in LCR, but they do not have access to the application itself.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Here is the release note blurb for access to HT/VT
"Home and visiting teaching management. Using the Organizations menu, high priests group leadership, elders quorum presidencies, and Relief Society presidencies can now manage home and visiting teaching information for their respective organization. Stake home and visiting teaching reports are also available."

So it doesn't look like any of those others have access that WML doesn't have. We need to be careful what we mean when we say, Ward Council members now have access to LCR - What we mean is - They have the access required for their callings as determined by the Priesthood department. -- If you can show in the handbook that a role/calling requires access to information, then provide the feedback in the application with your reasoning. I have personal experience doing this with LCR with access that was granted to Stake ExecSec role and NOT to the Stake Clerk role that clearly, in the handbook, was the responsibility of the clerk and not the ExecSec - the team took it back to the Priesthood committee and then changed the access to the Stake Clerk.

In our information age of the immediate-access-model-to-whatever-data-I-feel-or-want-access-to is coming crashing into our hierarchical key-oriented/stewardship access to privilege data. I am extremely sympathetic to the fact that it just makes our callings easier or we would spend less time if we had access to x or y directly rather than relying on others - but that doesn't seem to be the focus.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

scgallafent wrote:Other ward council members do not have access to the HT/VT application. I just tested to be sure: young men, young women, Primary, and Sunday school -- none of these have access.
That certainly seems reasonable -- thanks for the clarification!
scgallafent wrote:They can view home and visiting teaching assignments for specific families in LCR, but they do not have access to the application itself.
That's good news that the other WC members can view HT/VT assignments. That's the most important information, where a WML, for example, will often need to know who is the HT or VT for a less-active member he is working with.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Yes, the most important info (who is assigned) is included in the LCR 3.0, "Member profile" screen, and I assume for all council members. I can continue to ask the clerk, or call the other presidencies to a missionary correlation meeting and ask them face to face if the Home and visiting teaching is being done to those the missionaries are visiting. I'm just not convinced more meetings are needed when I can look it up online. The HT and VT FAMILY PROFILE screens for focus families doesn't seem to be a problem for a Ward council leader to know this, in fact a big help!

Our tools seem to follow the same pattern...roll out with a limited access, then expanding to others as we discover how useful they really are, and who performs what tasks in a Ward and stake. LCR is itself a perfect example, as is TES ( online temple recommend entry on stake level.)
I'm willing to wait and see what shakes out when others have a chance to see it.
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Since I haven't said it yet on this thread, your best bet to address these issues is to send feedback using the feedback link in LCR. If you use the feedback link from one of the LCR pages, you get a form that says "Leader and Clerk Resources Development Team Feedback." That goes into the appropriate queue to be reviewed. Bugs are reviewed by the development team. Feature requests or similar items (this would qualify) are there for review by product management.

johnshaw's excellent advice on this thread is excellent advice. Read his second paragraph twice, compose your explanation for why you think the change needs to be made, and submit the feedback. I can't guarantee that things will be changed based on your say so, but I can guarantee that it will be reviewed.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”