Merging Primary Classes in MLS does not work

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
vestrebe

Merging Primary Classes in MLS does not work

Post by vestrebe »

Our ward has a 10/11 boys class and a 10/11 girls class. I had created these custom classes using the merge in MLS last year and that caused problems with advancement. I ended up resetting the classes so the 12 year old kids were removed and placed only in YW/YM.

I decided to make two Valiant 10 classes divided by gender and two Valiant 11 classes divided by gender. That will avoid the advancement problem in the future. I just put in the 10 and 11 boy attendance sheets together for the boys class and do the same for the girls class.

The MLS for some reason still had things wrong so I reset again and I named them a little different. It seems the sync from MLS to LCR is named based. The names didn't match up so now I have duplicates. Can you go into the database and erase all my classes so I can resync MLS with LCR?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Merging Primary Classes in MLS does not work

Post by aebrown »

vestrebe wrote:Can you go into the database and erase all my classes so I can resync MLS with LCR?
There's no one here on the forum who can do this. You need to call the Global Service Center to get the help you need.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Merging Primary Classes in MLS does not work

Post by jonesrk »

vestrebe wrote:Can you go into the database and erase all my classes so I can resync MLS with LCR?
Another option from MLS is to Request Calling Refresh Data. That will reset MLS with what is currently in CDOL for all callings and classes (you may need to do the unit data reset to get the class members from CMIS). Then you can split the classes again.

CDOL is the system of record for the class structure.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”