FIR System

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
mikevandre

FIR System

Post by mikevandre »

Our FM Group manager has decided to not use the FIR system and is using email instead. As a bishop and geek the benefits of using an issue tracker are obvious. I hate the use of email as I cannot see the status of work requests. There is also some comfort in being able to see that an item is officially in the system and will be worked on. I asked the FM group about switching to FIR and they said:

"Email we get instantly. The FIR system we usually don’t get the repair request until the next day. Also many times we will get a FIR request and we do not get enough information and have to cancel it with a note for more information. This all takes time, where an email is quicker."

Are these valid complaints. Is there really a lag in email from FIR? Is there no way to edit a ticket once it is entered?
dpenrod75

Re: FIR System

Post by dpenrod75 »

Are they not using FMAT? The FM Group doesn't use FIR. FIR is for local units to report issues. If the issues cannot be fixed by local unit reps, the issues can be escalated to the FM Group, which ends up in their system called FMAT.

The escalated issues get into FMAT instantly. The number of new issues on their dashboard may not update for 24 hours without user interaction, but there is a refresh link on the dashboard that will update the data if they click it.

The escalators e-mail and phone number are captured in the FIR request, so if there was an issue with information they could call the person.

It sounds like to me they can't see the benefits of capturing requests and recording resolutions. Yes, it takes some typing, but the future benefits outweigh any extra work upfront.

After using this system for the past few years, our stake and fm group have been able to refine the way we do business. Best practices have been identified and communications increased. Since issues and resolutions can be seen by all, it benefits all. I just couldn't imagine having to go back to the phone days. Glad those days are gone for us.
mikevandre

Post by mikevandre »

They may be using FMAT on their end but all of the requests we put in are through email. They then send out a report once a week of all the units in the area of what has been completed. It sounds like what they have abandoned is the used of FIR to report issues which removes visibility for the members to be able to see requests that have already been made and status of requests.
AndrewJAllen

Post by AndrewJAllen »

Here in Kansas Area They use the FIR and FMAT. They are also on top of updating the reports.

MY Last area I was in a small branch and was asked to help clean the church building. We ended up needing more Cleaning supplies. With out access to the FIR, I was asked to send them an email and it end up that they had the Supplies in the building in two days.

So the FIR is a great system but not every one can talk to some with access before The problem needs to be fixed. So both are great options when they are used together.

Elder Andrew Allen :)
jirp

Post by jirp »

How do you find the path to it now? The bookmarked link still works but I was trying to show someone on a computer without the bookmark and I couldn't find a path to it anymore. It used to show after I logged in either my main menu screen or LCR menus(don't remember which) I can't find a path to it now without knowing where it is. Am I missing something or is this something that should be reported? After several searches I found the right key words and got it but was looking for a simple path to it.
Biggles

Re: Wireless Survey of church building with Netspot

Post by Biggles »

jirp wrote:How do you find the path to it now? The bookmarked link still works but I was trying to show someone on a computer without the bookmark and I couldn't find a path to it anymore. It used to show after I logged in either my main menu screen or LCR menus(don't remember which) I can't find a path to it now without knowing where it is. Am I missing something or is this something that should be reported? After several searches I found the right key words and got it but was looking for a simple path to it.
I've just checked and it only appears for me in the main drop down menu, after log in. I couldn't find it listed in LCR. It might have been listed in LCR at one point, but I can't be certain about that.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

jirp wrote:How do you find the path to it now? The bookmarked link still works but I was trying to show someone on a computer without the bookmark and I couldn't find a path to it anymore. It used to show after I logged in either my main menu screen or LCR menus(don't remember which)...
As was mentioned, I only see it on the main login screen drop-down, not LCR; and even then, it's only visible to those with appropriate callings.

You can also reach it directly by typing lds.org/fir into your browser. (Which begs the question, why don't they have fir.lds.org activated? :mad: )
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jirp

Post by jirp »

Interesting that you are finding it on the main drop down after logging in. I am ward clerk and I am sure I used to have it there but it is no longer there and I had my bishop try and his doesn't show it either. I can still go to lds.org/fir and make a report successfully(it was resolved so I know our FM people are getting it) but I no longer have it in my menus. So maybe ward clerks and bishops are not supposed to be using it?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I'm both a Ward Clerk and an STS, so I don't know if that makes a difference as to why the FIR listing appears in the main drop down menu.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm a STS and I see it as well.

Just so we're all looking in the same place:

From the main lds.org screen, click on your "My Account and Ward"/user name. This drop-down is customized to your calling. I don't think the drop-downs from the blue menu bar are customized.

The right-most column is "Tools and Support". "Facility Issue Reporting" is second from the bottom.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Main Church Website”