Should I send this family to "Address Unknown?"

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
coachdrn

Should I send this family to "Address Unknown?"

Post by coachdrn »

Good afternoon all,

My Bishop just finished a phone conversation with a family that just moved out of our ward. He knows the new neighborhood they live in and their phone number... but the family declined to give us their new address.

Should I send to "Address Unknown?" If so, do I have to complete all the steps (social media, post office, etc)?

Thanks guys.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Should I send this family to "Address Unknown?"

Post by russellhltn »

If you know the neighborhood, you can use maps.lds.org to see if there is just one ward covering it - and then send the records to that ward (with the phone number).

But to send to "Address Unknown", yes, I'd say you need to do all the steps and then forward with the information you have.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”