LCR 3.0 Beta

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

LCR 3.0 Beta

Post by sbradshaw »

My stake just received access to the Leader and Clerk Resources 3.0 beta yesterday. My access is mainly on the stake level, and so far I have been very impressed! Being in a Young Single Adult stake, and having had four bishoprics and several other callings change last Sunday, I was especially excited to try out the functionality for callings and out-of-unit leaders. This update comes right in time – all of our wards have a lot of turnover between semesters, so we'll definitely be putting the beta to the test.

If anyone has questions, I may be able to answer them.

The only bug I've seen so far that keeps me from doing my job is that out-of-unit members aren't able to be added to multiple callings. There are several other feedback items I've submitted, but mostly just suggestions for improvements.

Here's the email that we got today, that I assume will be going out to everyone in a couple of months:
We’ve made big changes to Leader and Clerk Resources

You can now manage home/visiting teaching and callings, among other things, on LDS.org without having to use MLS on the computer at the Church. Just go to Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) at LDS.org/lcr from any internet-connected device and sign in to your LDS Account.

Please note, because of this change, this data is no longer able to be updated from MLS as we work to retire that program and give you the resources you need directly on LDS.org.

We welcome your feedback

These changes are part of a beta test for select units that have expressed interest. We invite you to try out these new features and submit feedback by clicking the “Do You Have Feedback on This Page?” link on any LCR page. This will help us create the best resources and tools to fit your needs.

If you have questions about the beta test itself and your unit’s participation, send an email to LCRBeta@ldschurch.org.

Help us make sure the right people can use these resources

Because access to LCR is based on a user’s calling, it would be helpful if you could verify that all bishopric members; ward council members, their counselors, and their secretaries; and home and visiting teaching district supervisors and coordinators are recorded properly in LCR, using standard callings (custom callings will not allow access).

Here is a more complete list of items that have been added or improved with this LCR version

Organizations and Callings
Stake and ward clerks and priesthood quorum and auxiliary presidencies can now manage organization and calling information for their respective organizations.
Stake clerks can manage changes to stake presidency members and bishops and their contact information.
Stake and ward clerks can record callings for those who serve in the ward but whose membership records are not assigned to the ward, such as a young single adult ward bishop.
Ward organization information can now be viewed by the stake.
Callings by Organization now includes information about those serving from the ward as full-time missionaries.

Home and visiting teaching management
Using the Organizations menu, high priests group leadership, elders quorum presidencies, and Relief Society presidencies can now manage home and visiting teaching information for their respective organization. Stake home and visiting teaching reports are also available.

Out-of-Unit member management
Using the Membership menu, selected information for members whose membership records are not assigned to the ward but who regularly visit, such as a young woman visiting her father every other Sunday, can be included in appropriate ward lists, such as Young Women and Sunday School class rolls. However, responsibility for membership record updates, member interviews, and other related priesthood activities still remains with the member’s home ward.

Other Items
The screens supporting confidential actions have been modified to look like other LCR screens.
The Confidential Member Information Report is now available to stake and ward clerks.
Once again, you can access Leader and Clerk Resources by going to lds.org/lcr and signing in with your LDS Account. We hope you enjoy these new resources, and we look forward to hearing your feedback.

Sincerely,

The Leader and Clerk Resources Product Team
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: LCR 3.0 Beta

Post by scgallafent »

sbradshaw wrote:The only bug I've seen so far that keeps me from doing my job is that out-of-unit members aren't able to be added to multiple callings. There are several other feedback items I've submitted, but mostly just suggestions for improvements.
I just tested with my unit and was able to assign an out-of-unit member to multiple callings. If you have a specific set of steps that reproduces the issue, please submit them using the feedback form so that we can have someone test next week.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

sbradshaw wrote: Out-of-Unit member management
Using the Membership menu, selected information for members whose membership records are not assigned to the ward but who regularly visit, such as a young woman visiting her father every other Sunday, can be included in appropriate ward lists, such as Young Women and Sunday School class rolls. However, responsibility for membership record updates, member interviews, and other related priesthood activities still remains with the member’s home ward.
I know we talked about Out-of-Unit members photos in another thread, but I was wondering if with this new update, they show up. Does LCR 3.0 directly affect who and how people show up in the directory as well as class rolls?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

kellymab wrote:I know we talked about Out-of-Unit members photos in another thread, but I was wondering if with this new update, they show up. Does LCR 3.0 directly affect who and how people show up in the directory as well as class rolls?
It appears that out-of-unit members show up in the Member List and Attendance Rolls, through Leader and Clerk Resources. They're not included in the Unit Statistics or Quarterly Report.

No changes that I can see with the LDS.org Directory or LDS Tools.

As a pleasant surprise, somehow or another I am seeing a photo for my out-of-unit stake president in Leader and Clerk Resources. I'm not seeing photos for any other out-of-unit leaders. Does it have to do with how recently the photo was added or something?

The photo doesn't transfer to the LDS.org Directory or LDS Tools.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

sbradshaw wrote:It appears that out-of-unit members show up in the Member List and Attendance Rolls, through Leader and Clerk Resources. They're not included in the Unit Statistics or Quarterly Report.
This out-of-unit member information does not transfer back to MLS. If you are using these features in LCR, you should print class rolls and other lists from LCR whenever possible. If they are printed from MLS, the out-of-unit members will not be included.

Out-of-unit members should not be counted for the quarterly report (except sacrament meeting attendance, which counts everyone in sacrament meeting). When counting the number of members attending for various categories on the quarterly report, do not count these members. If you have a question about whether a member should be counted in a specific category, click on the "Potential" value and see whether the member is included in that list.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:When counting the number of members attending for various categories on the quarterly report, do not count these members.
In that case, shouldn't there be something on the roll to tell the secretary not to count them? Maybe an asterisk next to the name? I understand placing children and youth on the roll to make them feel a part of their part-time unit. But in the case of out-of-unit leaders, that's just going to be an ongoing source of problems and repeated training when it comes to taking attendance.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

russellhltn wrote:In that case, shouldn't there be something on the roll to tell the secretary not to count them? Maybe an asterisk next to the name? I understand placing children and youth on the roll to make them feel a part of their part-time unit. But in the case of out-of-unit leaders, that's just going to be an ongoing source of problems and repeated training when it comes to taking attendance.
They are indicated with three asterisks when viewing the class list in Leader and Clerk Resources. There isn't any visual indication on the printed roll.
Attachments
out-of-unit.png
out-of-unit.png (6.14 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

It's probably helpful if I include a screenshot of the footnote that appears when an out-of-unit member exists.
Attachments
out-of-unit-footer.png
(5.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:There isn't any visual indication on the printed roll.
But isn't the printed roll where the attendance "calculations" are done? I understand trying to hide this status on the roll that's usually passed around the class, but if the roll sheet is where the numbers are crunched, that's going to make it tricky to tally the numbers properly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:
scgallafent wrote:There isn't any visual indication on the printed roll.
But isn't the printed roll where the attendance "calculations" are done? I understand trying to hide this status on the roll that's usually passed around the class, but if the roll sheet is where the numbers are crunched, that's going to make it tricky to tally the numbers properly.
You already have to filter the numbers based on those who have a calling that prevents their attendance (a teacher in Primary should be counted as attending in RS, EQ or HP). You also need to be careful about who has moved out before the end of the quarter and any unbaptized children of record over 8. So you really need to refer to other sources (calling list and the list of people to be counted as generated by the quarterly report) anyway. The roll just can't give you all the information you need to get it right.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”