Sisters as HT Companions

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
johnsco

Sisters as HT Companions

Post by johnsco »

It is not often by sometimes we need to assigned our Home Teaching companionships with a sister (generally the spouse).
In creating and /or editing companionships I am not seeing the listing of sisters in the Ward to complete that task.
When the information was transitioned from MLS the current Brother/Sister companionships are showing up.
1. I have tried editing a current companionship.
2. I have tried creating a new companionship.
Question: Is there a way to make a Home Teaching companionship assignment with a Brother and Sister as companions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Sisters as HT Companions

Post by russellhltn »

While it's the exception, the last paragraph of Handbook 2: 7.4.2 shows this is acceptable. But it is limited to husband and wife companionships.

And one interesting thing: it's to be counted as both HT and VT. Which makes me wonder if this is set up in a special way in LCR in order to tally into both. Or perhaps the plan is to record just the husband as a lone HT and the wife as a lone VT and the visit is recorded twice - once each as HT and VT.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

That will be available in one of the next few releases.
johnsco

Post by johnsco »

Good, that will help on our record keeping.
davidmefford

Post by davidmefford »

Glad to know a fix to manage this is in the works.

We have on Sister that was home teaching with her husband before and was transferred into the LCR, but now she is released and her husband has been assigned a new male companion, but I can't remove her as an "unassigned Home Teacher".

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”