Can't find Member even with membership number

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
stevengravley

Can't find Member even with membership number

Post by stevengravley »

I am trying to move a child into the ward. I can see the name, birthdate, and membership number. however when I attempt to request the records through LDS.org, I am unable to find anything.

Additionally, while ooking at the child's information in LDS.org, there is no age associated with them (but there is on the other family members) Does this indicate that the child is deceased?
aclawson

Re: Can't find Member even with membership number

Post by aclawson »

Send a message to SLC.
stevengravley

Post by stevengravley »

How do I send a message to SLC?
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

From within MLS

Reports/Forms menu

Lower left-hand corner has a "create message" button.

For type specify "membership".

Compose your message with as much information as you can provide - MRN, name, birthdate, everything. When you do a send/receive the message will go directly to the right people in SLC who will respond to you through MLS.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

stevengravley wrote:Additionally, while ooking at the child's information in LDS.org, there is no age associated with them (but there is on the other family members) Does this indicate that the child is deceased?
It possible the "MRN" you're seeing is just a placeholder and there is no record for them. This frequently happens with converts. The missionaries will record the fact that the convert has children, and that fact will be recorded on the new convert's membership record, but no record or child of record will be created for them. That's the job of the new ward. The lack of a birthdate makes me suspect that there is no record.

If there is no record, then the record cannot be requested.

I'd contact Local Unit Support to see of my guess is correct. If it is, and the child is not yet 8 years old, read Handbook 1: 13.6.2, item 4.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:It possible the "MRN" you're seeing is just a placeholder and there is no record for them. This frequently happens with converts. The missionaries will record the fact that the convert has children, and that fact will be recorded on the new convert's membership record, but no record or child of record will be created for them. That's the job of the new ward. The lack of a birthdate makes me suspect that there is no record.
I would think the same except he said that there was a birthdate listed but that the age didn't show. I'm not sure where he's looking that shows age for the other family members. It does sound odd so I'd have to echo the same and say to contact LUS.
stevengravley

Post by stevengravley »

I discovered that the child was blessed, but since they were never baptized and is now older than 9, they are not a member, nor a child of record. If they get baptized in the future, they will be given a new membership number when the missionaries enter them in.

Return to “Membership Help”