Duplicate Child (whos parents are no longer in ward)

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
TKhanson

Duplicate Child (whos parents are no longer in ward)

Post by TKhanson »

Fellow Clerks:

We have a 4-year-old girl who's parents moved form the ward a full two years ago. In cleaning up our records I noticed she was still in our unit. Upon looking up her father, we noted her Father's name is associated with her but with slightly different spelling. In other words, the Parents had all their records transferred when they moved--except her's did not migrate with the family. I'm guessing their new Clerk make a new record for her. Worse the family lives Morocco, so reaching them is extremely difficult.

I've confirmed the family does now have the child in their family as we were about to pull the family records back and reattach her record, but when we were about to we could see her name was all ready associated with the family record in the current ward. Thus it appears she is duplicate and we are stuck with a "stray" record, if you will.

What is my best course of action?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Duplicate Child (whos parents are no longer in ward)

Post by russellhltn »

I'd use "Special Request" in MLS to notify CHQ about the issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”