access permission in MLS for EQ secretary

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
codywang

access permission in MLS for EQ secretary

Post by codywang »

Hi there, I am being called as EQ secretary and start using MLS. I am in IT field and I was asking if I can use MLS at home but the answer I was told is no. I only can use MLS in the church clerk office. However, I research the church web site that MLS is design for use anywhere and different roles so I can imagine MLS is a client base software and server is located at UT but I am not sure about where is data located. Does the data also locate in the server and get push instantly. If that is the case, I don't see why not allowing clerks to use MLS at home or anywhere as long as the roles are clear defined and not cross the privilege of access, such as EQ quorum should just EQ home teach links. so my question are,
1. Is the data being stored in the server and being pushed over instantly. I cannot imagine that we still have to push manually like old system.
2. is there a security feather to setup role as EQ secretary so I can access anywhere.
Thanks you
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: access permission in MLS for EQ secretary

Post by russellhltn »

codywang wrote:However, I research the church web site that MLS is design for use anywhere and different roles
I think you're confusing two different things.

MLS is the software that runs on the ward computer. It cannot be loaded on other computers by policy, nor would it work. There's a security handshake that will not work if more than one computer for a single ward attempts to sync with SLC.

Leader and Clerk Resources. (LCR) is web-based and can be used by anyone with the proper calling, including from home. It's sometimes referred to as "MLS online" and MLS appears in the URL, but that's not its name. Currently LCR doesn't support HT, but it's coming sometime this quarter.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
codywang

Re: access permission in MLS for EQ secretary

Post by codywang »

Indeed. I am looking forward LCR comes with HT.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”