Slideshows and Videos

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
drepouille

Slideshows and Videos

Post by drepouille »

If a presenter wants to show a PPT slideshow or an Internet video during a webcast, how can I capture it in the webcast?

We have been asked to set up a computer (probably a laptop) and a projector at the podium, so these things may be displayed on the screen behind the choir seats. I can use the crab box to connect the computer to the audio mixer, and then feed the sound from the mixer into the sound system and the VidiU.

Is my only option for capturing the projected video to simply point the camera at the screen and hope for the best? I know that such air gaps are deadly to both audio and video signals. I imagine the video would not come through very well at the receiving sites.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Slideshows and Videos

Post by russellhltn »

Unless you have a video mixer, I'm not sure as you have a choice. Using standard A/V switches will cause a loss of sync on each change. You also have the problem that if any pointers are used on the screen, that will not be captured by any connection to the video.

Some projectors have a "out" that you might be able to tap. But then you'd have to convert that to the HDMI that the VidiU needs. Just one caution on that. The projector's output may only be for a matching input and may not convert between types. So a composite "out" may not work when you're using the VGA "in". Only if the composite "in" is used. Be sure to test is that's your plan.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”