How to set permissions on Location Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
hearede5

How to set permissions on Location Calendar

Post by hearede5 »

Newbee here. I am the building scheduler for our stake and am having a permission issue. I can not edit or delete events on the locations calendar for the stake center. I have permissions on all stake calendars and works fine. How to we set permission on location calendar for the building? Stake Clerk is stumped on what to do other than set my calling.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to set permissions on Location Calendar

Post by russellhltn »

The stake clerk has to enter you as the Building Scheduler of the stake center building in the location section of the calendar app. This is one area where entering the calling into MLS doesn't work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hearede5

Post by hearede5 »

Can you sent me the steps he needs to take as he is having problems finding the path. I will then get this thread to him. Thanks so much.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's all described in Setting Up Locations, Designating Units and Building Schedulers. It's part of the calendar "Help" file.

While he's in there, make sure the list of rooms in the right column works for you. Obviously you don't want rooms checked off that your building doesn't have, but you do need all the rooms that you'll be scheduling. Or perhaps you need custom names. For example, in our building the multi-purpose room is also the baptismal font. So we have a "Multi-Purpose Rm/Font".

Keep in mind that you can easily add room, but removing them can create problems if events are already scheduled for them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hearede5

Post by hearede5 »

Great we will work on this. Thanks again for the quick response

Return to “Calendar”