letters.lds.org not working

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: letters.lds.org not working

Post by lajackson »

I am taken straight to the page titled: "Official Communication Library - Error"
I wonder if there is a page titled: "Official Communication Library" that would work better.

And the part that says:
/************* DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! **************/
is right in the middle of a script.

I have not seen that before.
busman

Official Communication Library not working in LCR

Post by busman »

I have discovered that the Official Communication Library page does not render correctly. It comes up as a outline of the header and then fails, a strong symptom of a problem in the html code. I have tried it in Firefox 36.0.4 and also IE 11 on Windows 7 and on two different PCs. It was working about 3/22 but not working on 3/30/15. As the Church officially supports both browsers and they are in extensive use, I hope it can be fixed soon. Chrome is not an alternative for us.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Official Communication Library not working in LCR

Post by russellhltn »

busman wrote:I have discovered that the Official Communication Library page does not render correctly. It comes up as a outline of the header and then fails, a strong symptom of a problem in the html code. I have tried it in Firefox 36.0.4 and also IE 11 on Windows 7 and on two different PCs. It was working about 3/22 but not working on 3/30/15. As the Church officially supports both browsers and they are in extensive use, I hope it can be fixed soon. Chrome is not an alternative for us.
You post was merged into an existing topic on the subject.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I just upgraded to Firefox 37.0.1 and still have the problem.
I suspect all work to resolve this is on hold for General Conference weekend support.

Edit: I tried to use the Feedback link from the non-css page to report the problem. I was not able to do so because that version of the page does not provide a referring URL, another indication that the page is not loading propoerly.

I went to another LDS.org page and provided the Feedback report.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lajackson wrote:I have not seen that before.
One thing I have seen before at many web sites is that every <script> tag seems to have a </script> tag to close it. I don't know if that might be an issue with the OCL page or not.
jrandall001

Re: Official Communication Library

Post by jrandall001 »

I am not able to access the OCL. When I log into lds.org and go to Leader and Clerk Resources, it doesn't matter whether I go into the Applications drop down menu or simply select it on the left or direct my browser to letters.lds.org, every option takes me to a navigation tree and way down at the bottom, it states "We are unable to complete your request at this time" in a pretty pink box.

I have tried different computers (laptops and desktops), Ipad, and I have tried different browsers (Mozilla, Chrome, IE 11, Puffin, Safari). I have cleared cookies and retried as well.

Is there a work around for this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Official Communication Library

Post by russellhltn »

jrandall001 wrote:I am not able to access the OCL. When I log into lds.org and go to Leader and Clerk Resources,
I've moved your post from an old thread to a current thread on the problem. OCL and letters.lds.org are one in the same.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

As a follow up, I am able to access the Official Communication Library once again. There is a slightly new design to the page, and the display problem appears to have been fixed.
segbert

Post by segbert »

Still not working for me. I tried multiple computers and multiple browsers.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

"We are unable to complete your request at this time."
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”