Gospel Library won't download content normally

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

joe.becar

Gospel Library won't download content normally

Post by joe.becar »

If I browse from the home menu and go to download any content I don't already have, I receive this error:
Error: Unable to download book: <insert title here>. Exception from HRESULT: 0x80072EE4
However, if for example I have bookmarks that link to content I haven't downloaded already, those are downloaded just fine, no errors. Or if I am in an Institute manual that links to another book of scripture or reference I don't already have, it is likewise downloaded no problem.

Any ideas? I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times now, and checked to see that all the files in the AppData folder were gone. I doubt it's the firewall, since I am able to download in some instances. I'm on a desktop machine, using the Windows Store version of the app.

Thanks!
spencerto
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Gospel Library won't download content normally

Post by spencerto »

Which version are you using? Are you using the Beta or the official app? What is the version number? Have you tried both apps and are you getting the same result?
joe.becar

Post by joe.becar »

Yes, I've used the release and the beta versions available on the Microsoft Store, with identical results. Looks like it's Version 2.15.1.271 for the release. I uninstalled the beta since it started giving me troubles. Should I go back to the beta?
trenttaylor

Post by trenttaylor »

Same issue using Gospel Library v2.15.3.40 and Gospel Library Beta v2.0.1.25. I did find the bookmark workaround works. Any solutions?
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

So, we've discovered that this issue generally stems from any number of issues, but so far they've all been tied back to damage to the user account you're using in Windows or to Windows itself.

Try the following and let me know if it works:

1. Create a new account on the device where you're unable to download books (ensure that this is a Microsoft Account based account so that you can download apps from the Windows Store).
2. Download Gospel Library or Gospel Library Beta from the Windows Store.
3. See if the issue presents itself.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
AmberPraying

Post by AmberPraying »

I have downloaded and reinstalled and still have no way to download any content on gospel library... please see if you can fix on your end PLEASE!!!
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

AmberPraying,

Please read and follow the instructions listed in the post directly above yours and let us know the results. Generally, when Gospel Library is unable to download content, it's an issue with your user account being damaged or an issue with your installation of Windows being damaged. Following the steps listed in the post above yours will allow us to weed out the first of these potential causes.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
AmberPraying

Post by AmberPraying »

I will try and get back get back to you... I use windows 8.1
AmberPraying

Post by AmberPraying »

I have it working per your instructions... if any changes happen later will let you know... thank you for your service.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”