Sister missionaries on Quarterly report

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
Cvhanna

Sister missionaries on Quarterly report

Post by Cvhanna »

There's a line on the quarterly report that lists the males that are serving missions. Why isn't there a line for the females that are serving as well? Or a statistic for those able to serve? I know it's not a "duty" of the female members of the church, but women are an integral part of the work of this church and thousands have responded to the call to serve. This shouldn't be overlooked.

Thanks!
Carrie
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Sister missionaries on Quarterly report

Post by aebrown »

Cvhanna wrote:There's a line on the quarterly report that lists the males that are serving missions. Why isn't there a line for the females that are serving as well? Or a statistic for those able to serve? I know it's not a "duty" of the female members of the church, but women are an integral part of the work of this church and thousands have responded to the call to serve. This shouldn't be overlooked.
I don't think that the missionary service of sister missionaries is being overlooked. The section of the Quarterly Report that you are referring to is titled "Indicators of Conversion and Church Growth." For males, serving a mission is a duty and thus statistics regarding those males who serve is an indicator of conversion. But for sisters, there is no such responsibility. Thus when sisters choose to serve (or not to serve), it is not an indicator of their conversion and thus would not fit in that section of the quarterly report. Nor would any statistics about those who are able to serve.

The service of sister missionaries has had a dramatically positive impact on missionary efforts worldwide. If the quarterly report were measuring the effectiveness of missionaries, I'm certain that the sisters would be included. But that's not what the quarterly report measures.
Cvhanna

Post by Cvhanna »

Well then, I think it's about time we found a place for sister missionaries.
Last edited by Cvhanna on Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Please keep in mind that this forum is largely user-to-user support. While a few employees visit us (and we really appreciate them!), they are "implementers" amd not deciders of policy, especially policy at this level. As such, advocating for such changes in the forum isn't going to get very far.

Your best bet is to talk to your Stake President about taking the issue up with the Area Authority.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”